Herochat

Immortal Hulk vs Superman challenge |Feat war/relative showings

gokenadams

• +9/-18
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
Immortal Hulk vs Superman challenge |Feat war/relative showings
« on: October 10, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
Can Superman accomplish the Im Hulk challenge?

1. Crack Thor's skull with one punch like Hulk did

2. Shrugg off hits from herald levels like Jane Thor and both Hercules

3. Simultaneously beat the Avengers

https://postimg.cc/2qxfZT0v

If yes, why and what feats would prove so? discuss

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Hulk vs Superman challenge |Feat war/relative showings
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »
easily.

Nothing Hulk has done in those examples are particularly high end for Superman at this point.

gokenadams

• +9/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »
easily.

Nothing Hulk has done in those examples are particularly high end for Superman at this point.

reaally? because superman has never crushed a being on thor power scale skull with his bare hands in a SINGLE punch. show him doing so, i doubt its ever happened. nor has supes simulatenously overpower a team with heralds

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:36:31 PM »
easily.

reaally? because superman has never crushed a being on thor power scale skull with his bare hands in a SINGLE punch. show him doing so, i doubt its ever happened. nor has supes simulatenously overpower a team with heralds

easily.

Bwahahahaha he's literally KILLED Thor+ level beings with one punch.

Prove that Hercules and Thor are Heralds of Galactus. Meanwhile, Superman overpowers 5 beyond Thor level Kryptonians simultaneously bacvk pre Flashpoint, at far lesser levels.. Just today he just beat another army including multiple top tiers.

cry more.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:39:12 PM by Panthergod »

gokenadams

• +9/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »
easily.

easily.

Bwahahahaha he's literally KILLED Thor+ level beings with one punch.

Prove that Hercules and Thor are Heralds of Galactus. Meanwhile, Superman overpowers 5 beyond Thor level Kryptonians simultaneously bacvk pre Flashpoint, at far lesser levels.. Just today he just beat another army including multiple top tiers.

cry more.

..they were in the phantom zone you moron. obviously depowered.. retard. who's those 5 beyond thor beings??? what theyve done that>Thor?

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »
Superman rebuilt the moon while having a conversation with Batman and overpowered a army.  Obvious Superman and Hulk are above most heroes in their respective universes. 

That said we all know this will be another spat fest between  Goken and Jelly.

gokenadams

• +9/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
Superman rebuilt the moon while having a conversation with Batman and overpowered a army.  Obvious Superman and Hulk are above most heroes in their respective universes. 

That said we all know this will be another spat fest between  Goken and Jelly.

he overloaded an army of random kryptonians with no feats how is that impressive

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 11:31:43 PM »
There are a significant number of portrayals of Superman that put him at a level high enough to accomplish these feats, which is not the same thing as being equally powerful to Immortal Hulk as (a) these feats were not necessarily indicative of his maximum power at this rage level, and (b) the Immortal Hulk's power levels are always subject to near-instantaneous change.
This being said, I do not think that the typical Superman portrayal has Superman showing strength on this Hulk's level, though what the writer of any given Superman portrayal thinks of Superman's true upper limits often remains an open question.
The Hulk being incinerated by the Helios laser at least seemed like a bit of a low-showing for his raw invulnerability, though the aftermath also highlights an insane rejuvenation ability. That said, the writer clearly meant for the Helios laser to be uber and we have nothing to compare it with, so it is technically not a low showing for Hulk's invulnerability. I'm not really sure why it felt like a weak showing, and I could be wrong. I am careful not to compare on-Earth showings vs. space cheese, for example. Or to use collateral damage as an indication of raw power.
I guess it's just the idea that Tony could whip up a weapon fairly easily that can incinerate the Hulk. Even when Supes is seriously hurt by a nuke, he isn't reduced to a skeleton that way. Then again, it's clear that the writer could allow that to happen because this Hulk can regen from anything.
Bottom line is that I don't like highest feats comparisons. I think this Hulk is clearly operating on a higher level than most writers typically have Superman operate on.

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 01:37:48 AM »
This Hulk is like the original and Fixit in that he reverts back to Banner when the sun comes up. Blasting him with a concentrated dose of the sun would have triggered the change back to Banner who was then cooked, so not just a case of Hulk being melted by raw power.

This is why the skeleton is Banner sized and the Avengers use UV lamps until daybreak to prevent Hulk regenerating. Sun = no Hulk.

Cheers.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 02:20:31 AM »
Thanks. That's why it is a Helios laser. I didn't get that part. Makes more sense now.

How did the Avengers know this weakness?

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »
Can Superman accomplish the Im Hulk challenge?

1. Crack Thor's skull with one punch like Hulk did

2. Shrugg off hits from herald levels like Jane Thor and both Hercules

3. Simultaneously beat the Avengers

Lets do this 1 at a time

1. Probably since a weakened SM tore  DD in half. The problem is SM rarely operates at this lvl not b/c he can't but b/c he holds back so much. He only tore DD in half b/c of the damage DD would do to the Earth population.

2. Yes, since he taken hits from Zod, Eradicator and now from several dozen Kryptonian at the same time in SM 4. Nevertheless to be honest that's not his usual portrayal.

3. See Superman Rex, Ending Battle and SM 4, but like I said b4 this isn't he's usual portrayal b/c he holds back so much.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 09:55:11 AM »
It's not necessarily true that every time a writer doesn't have Superman 'Hulk out' to a beyond elite top tier level that the writer in question feels Superman has that potential if he stops holding back (or draws in more solar energy, breaks mental blocks, or whatever the dynamic power mechanism of the day is).
Sometimes, a writer may just treat Superman like basically another flying brick, albeit a powerful one.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
It's not necessarily true that every time a writer doesn't have Superman 'Hulk out' to a beyond elite top tier level that the writer in question feels Superman has that potential if he stops holding back (or draws in more solar energy, breaks mental blocks, or whatever the dynamic power mechanism of the day is).
Sometimes, a writer may just treat Superman like basically another flying brick, albeit a powerful one.

Your telepathy is working quite well today.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 10:47:26 AM »
You can't read.
I'm the one qualifying--saying you can't assume that every time a writer has Superman fail at something or fail to overpower someone, that particular writer secretly felt Superman had the potential to do far better if he'd been able to access his dynamic-like power.
I'm not denying that some writers probably do feel this way--in fact, I think they often do. But this is comics, so one can't make a blanket assumption that every writer subscribes to the idea of a Hulk-like Superman and to the same degree.
I'm the one saying that we can't read their minds here.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:51:03 AM by Pillow Biter »

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 10:55:43 AM »
Thanks. That's why it is a Helios laser. I didn't get that part. Makes more sense now.

How did the Avengers know this weakness?

The reporter tracking banner first told captain marvel about hulk only comes out at night. Captain marvel then told the avengers. They prepped in a short amount of time it seems

They retconned Sasquatch making him do the same thing only transform at night too