Herochat

Venom Movie fights-

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
Venom Movie fights-
« on: October 07, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »
Impressed with what I saw from Venom in his solo flick. How does he do I  separate matches against:

MCU Defenders
MCU Cap and Spidey
MCU Loki
MCU GOTG
MCU Thor (No Hammer or Odin Force).

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Venom Movie fights-
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 03:13:45 PM »
Even without his hammer and lightning, MCU Thor can punch it up with the Hulk for a limited time.  Is Venom on that level?

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 03:58:10 PM »
There is some inconsistency to the MCU depending on who one uses as a measuring stick. Tony for instance was in a punch up with Thor in Avnegers 1, but then in Civil War could close out Cap, when he (Tony) was in a better suit.

To answer you question though. He did seem stronger than Parker is now, but he's incredibly fast and agile. His powers are more approximate to Comics-Carnage than Venom. Being able to form shields and weapons as well as extend himself.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »
There is some inconsistency to the MCU depending on who one uses as a measuring stick. Tony for instance was in a punch up with Thor in Avnegers 1, but then in Civil War could close out Cap, when he (Tony) was in a better suit.

Tony was amped during that fight.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 05:45:00 PM »
I don’t think Tony really wanted to kill Cap

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 05:49:25 PM »
I don’t think Tony really wanted to kill Cap

That too.

80sBaby

• +34/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »

Tony was amped during that fight.

Thor wasn't in full battle mode, either. And still casually owned Tony. Hell, look at the comparison in headbutts between him, Thor and Thanos.

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 07:46:11 PM »
and he was crushing Tony's armor pretty casually when they locked up.

After hitting Cap's shield with his hammer, and the big burst that caused, wasn't he already standing when Cap and Tony were getting up?

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 08:14:40 PM »
MCU Defenders - Nothing they can do against him. Venom is much too savage, too
fast and agile for them. Even if Danny got an Iron Fist in, I don't know if it will do
nearly enough damage to KO Venom. Considering the kind of punishment he receives
in the film and his ability to regenerate, again, they can't do anything to him.

MCU Cap and Spidey - They make it slightly competitive, but again, Venom is arguably
still too fast for them. We saw how fast he could climb and move, even if Peter is as
fast as him, he probably isn't as tough as him. Venom's aggression is also another
major factor that could easily overwhelm the both of them. Aside from them trying to
think of something, I don't see them winning too often. The Symbiote was surprisingly
sharp, and I could forsee it countering a strategy or two that they try to use against
it. Not all the time of course, he's not going to out think Cap every time, but depending
on the strat, I could see it not falling for something that the duo would think would work.

MCU Loki - With staff or without? With staff, Loki. Without, I'm not sure. I don't think
Venom could put him down physically (he's not the Hulk or anyone else), but he is a
lot faster then Cap, can take better punishment than Cap, and probably has enough
strength to affect Loki with a barrage of attacks. I dunno, Loki never convinced me that
he was ever a physical threat to Thor, but with a weapon, he could challenge him.

MCU GOTG - Pretty sure something in Rocket's repertoire will fuck Eddy up. Seeing him
fight Groot would be interesting, as well as seeing if Mantis could mind-affect him. The
rest are cannon fodder though. I'd say the GOTG take this fight due to having the gear
to take Venom down, and some interesting abilities that could make the fight challenging.

MCU Thor (No Hammer or Odin Force) - The fuck is Brock going to do to him? It'd take
time, but I can see Thor eventually, beating Brock down. Or Brock wins via tying him
up or something. In no way does Eddie win via KO.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 09:30:46 PM »
Does movie Venom have weaknesses to fire and sonics?  What would happen if Luke and Danny went for a "paddycake" move?  What if the Guardians used some of their lasers, bombs, or otherwise set a fire?

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 12:12:26 AM »
Does movie Venom have weaknesses to fire and sonics?  What would happen if Luke and Danny went for a "paddycake" move?  What if the Guardians used some of their lasers, bombs, or otherwise set a fire?

Yes, in the film they mention that sounds that hit a particular decibel and higher cause the symbiote
extreme pain and under enough stress, the symbiote will jump off the host.

Considering how heavily armed Rocket is, I completely expect him to have some kind of bomb that
will fuck Eddie's shit up.

And I don't think Luke is strong enough to do a thunder clap. We've only ever seen Hulk do it.

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 01:31:15 AM »
MCU Defenders - Nothing they can do against him. Venom is much too savage, too
fast and agile for them. Even if Danny got an Iron Fist in, I don't know if it will do
nearly enough damage to KO Venom. Considering the kind of punishment he receives
in the film and his ability to regenerate, again, they can't do anything to him.

MCU Cap and Spidey - They make it slightly competitive, but again, Venom is arguably
still too fast for them. We saw how fast he could climb and move, even if Peter is as
fast as him, he probably isn't as tough as him. Venom's aggression is also another
major factor that could easily overwhelm the both of them. Aside from them trying to
think of something, I don't see them winning too often. The Symbiote was surprisingly
sharp, and I could forsee it countering a strategy or two that they try to use against
it. Not all the time of course, he's not going to out think Cap every time, but depending
on the strat, I could see it not falling for something that the duo would think would work.

MCU Loki - With staff or without? With staff, Loki. Without, I'm not sure. I don't think
Venom could put him down physically (he's not the Hulk or anyone else), but he is a
lot faster then Cap, can take better punishment than Cap, and probably has enough
strength to affect Loki with a barrage of attacks. I dunno, Loki never convinced me that
he was ever a physical threat to Thor, but with a weapon, he could challenge him.

MCU GOTG - Pretty sure something in Rocket's repertoire will fuck Eddy up. Seeing him
fight Groot would be interesting, as well as seeing if Mantis could mind-affect him. The
rest are cannon fodder though. I'd say the GOTG take this fight due to having the gear
to take Venom down, and some interesting abilities that could make the fight challenging.

MCU Thor (No Hammer or Odin Force) - The fuck is Brock going to do to him? It'd take
time, but I can see Thor eventually, beating Brock down. Or Brock wins via tying him
up or something. In no way does Eddie win via KO.

Fair assesments all around. Do you feel the Symbiote is strong enough to restrain Thor?

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 05:51:10 AM »
And I don't think Luke is strong enough to do a thunder clap. We've only ever seen Hulk do it.

I'm talking about the "paddycake" move he and Iron Fist do.

ProjectCornDog

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »

Venom holding Thor down momentarily and doing something like this is the only way I could see him taking down movie Thor.

And that's Thor BEFORE the new hammer. That new hammer? It's hard to know it's limit. It genuinely sounded like he could have killed Thanos with one hit if he hit Thanos' head instead despite him wearing the glove and absolutely wrecking Hulk earlier in that movie.

But other then that, I think Venom can take the win in most of those scenarios.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
Venom would need to be stronger than Thor to hold him down long enough to do that.

Once again, Thor can tangle with a pissed off Hulk hth without the hammer (twice, really), proved stronger than Iron <Man even though he was at 400%, swung Rocket's space pod around like a shot-put, and forced open the kiln holding a neutron star.  What strength feats does Venom have?  I've seen a few leaked clips and he doesn't seem much more than class 100 in the ones I saw (he tore up some cars and can throw guys around).