Immortal Hulk - Above Top Tier?

Sick Nick

• +8/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Hulk - Above Top Tier?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 04:08:21 AM »
No she’s 100% there. But they prob won’t fight and if they do it will be brief

Perhaps he absorbs her making him even stronger
If they want that return to status quo, it would escalate Hulk's situation and fix hers.

The thing is that some folks at Marvel don't believe She-Hulk has a problem that needs fixing. Somebody asked Tom Breevort when She-Hulk was going to return to 'normal' and the condescending shit replied something about Marvel always moving forward and not to spend time dwelling on how she was in the past. Like anyone in their right mind prefers the stronger but dumber current version of Shulkie.
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 11:39:53 AM »
For those who was wondering the Avengers that Hulk will fight will include:

Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Captain America, Thor, She Hulk (goes by just Hulk now), iron man (hulkbuster suit)

If hulk does absorb She Hulk would explain one punching Thor. As Sasquatch = hulk (said by Ewing) and she hulk is supposed to be stronger then all. It’s basicslly 3 Hulks in one
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:48:59 AM by -K-M- »

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 07:44:48 PM »
Considering how Hulk's powers work, an amp should only increase his base levels. He should be capable of everything we've seen, even without an amp, if angry enough. O doubt his base us above WWH.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 05:46:12 AM »
Issue is out and he stomps the avengers. He didn’t absorb she hulk, but as expected brief fight. When her guard was down he hit her away (few miles)

He straight up cracked Thor’s skull with one punch. Actual fracture

https://postimg.cc/2qxfZT0v

Tony does stop/“kill” Hulk though with the Helios. currently hulk is cut into a bunch of pieces and separated in various jars at shadow base
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:55:21 AM by -K-M- »

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 06:16:34 AM »
What is the Helios device? The mentioned it being a beam of the sun?

I'm not regularly reading the series and haven't been for a few years. I'll give Ewing credit as what I have read of Immortal Hulk pays tribute to the Hulk mythos and is well written. Though, between this and the Doc Green arc, I am tired of Hulk being an evil douchehat.

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »
Yeah basically a beam from the sun, nukes the surrounding area and reduces Hulk to a Banner-sized skeletal mass, the implication being that he reverted to Banner and was then incinerated.

It's stated that Hulk would have regen'd from it and carried on fighting if Stark and T'Challa hadn't used tech to continually bombard the skeleton with UV rays to slow his healing.

This Hulk is like Fixit in that he only transforms at night so him being killed here isn't so much about the gun being really powerful (although it seems to be that too based on the collateral damage) so much as it's ability to briefly revert Hulk to human form before cooking him.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:59:36 AM by Liam Gallaghers Unibrow »

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 11:00:13 AM »
Nah, Hulk is cut to pieces and stored in shadow base. So it seems the body isn't Banner and the Beam either koed or killed Hulk.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »
The guy at Shadow Base notes that they cut him to pieces during the day so he is "nice and comfy in time for the next sunset". As soon as the sunset kicks in Hulk revives despite being cut into dozens of pieces stored in separate jars.

Cheers.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 11:25:48 AM »
Hell of a prep feat too for the avengers. They just found out hulk only comes out at night shortly before approaching Hulk. Reporter told captain marvel first. Then when they confirmed Walter was out she got the avengers.  So not sure how they build the Helios in time to do that exactly plus have the UV drones. But hey...comics *shrugs*

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
Hell of a prep feat too for the avengers. They just found out hulk only comes out at night shortly before approaching Hulk. Reporter told captain marvel first. Then when they confirmed Walter was out she got the avengers.  So not sure how they build the Helios in time to do that exactly plus have the UV drones. But hey...comics *shrugs*

I don't think the Helios thing would need to have been prepped specifically for the Hulk. Blasting most people with a concentrated beam of the sun is going to hurt (it nuked a town in the process so it's a potent offensive weapon). Wasn't Stark weaponising the sun during Hickman's Avengers run? It seems like something he would do.

Cheers.

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 12:38:39 PM »
He did.

“Sold Hammer”

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 12:49:19 PM »
Sol’s Hammer was made by Tony and it was destroyed

Sol’s anvil was made by Reed. Think that was destroyed too

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 01:02:07 PM »
The guy at Shadow Base notes that they cut him to pieces during the day so he is "nice and comfy in time for the next sunset". As soon as the sunset kicks in Hulk revives despite being cut into dozens of pieces stored in separate jars.

Cheers.
Yeah, you're right.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 03:41:49 PM »
I really have fallen behind. I knew now, Hulk would revive at night, u didn't know he could only show up at night. I find the Green door concept intriguing, though. Wondering if a different Hulk persona will ever escape through it. Would love for the Hulk to be heroic again, even if he's always going to be an anti-hero.

Did the Helios device show up before in Avengers?

Hulk Victorious

• +2/-189
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »
Reminds me of the very first hulk comics. Hulk transformed back into Banner while in a spacecraft when he was hit by sunlight but it was night back there