Herochat

Evolution 2.0

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
Evolution 2.0
« on: October 03, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
With an Evolution reunion set for SMACKDOWN 1000, i got to thinking, who could pull off the gimmck today? Who would you choose, given the job by WWE to restart the faction.

Remember these guys were billed as the past/present/future of the business, and they actually lived up to that, as Orton & Batista became multi time champs/icons.

Looking for a currently on the roster top star, an older icon, and two younger guys, w. potential. Obviously you can adjust their gimmicks and face/heel turn them as needed.

They should be able to rock the suit & tie look, so, someone like Strowman, i just dont see being an option, but i’m willing to be convinced.

Right now this is what i have...:

PAST-KURT ANGLE

He’s on the roster, and is a revered icon. He adds the cred. He’s not what he used to be, but like Flair, he’d be going for the tag titles, w. one of the younger guys. That’ll limit his ring time and let him rest in between tags.

PRESENT-AJ STYLES

AJ as a heel is at his best imo. He’s still in his prime, and would be looking to hold onto the world title by any means. Like HHH at this stage, he was no stranger to factions.

FUTURE-BRIAN CAGE

Like Batista, Cage is older for a new guy. He’s been around, and is talented. Super agile for a big man, tough as fuck (had some brutal matches in Lucha Underground) and has actual power to go w. his physique. He’d be new to most of the WWE audience. WWE passed on this guy years ago, that was a mistake IMO. He could tag w. Angle like Batista did Flair, or take the US or IC strap by force.

FUTURE-CHAD GABLE

He showed signs of being a great heel before breaking up w. Benjamin. He’d be a solid IC or US champ, or epic tag partner w. Angle. He’d look good in a suit (needs a haircut). I can see him world title-ing down the road; smaller (Mysterio) and less talented (Mahal) guys have done it.

This quartet could easily hold all the gold for a period of time on RAW or SMACKDOWN.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:19:56 PM by Riv1 »

POW! SCOURGE! BREAK! THWACK!

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution 2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:47:33 PM »
AJ
Drew McIntyre
Ricochet
Pentagon Dark
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »
Eeeew to most of those on general, and, as a question, how do they even fit the past present future theme?

Also, thanks for replying. Man this forum’s fucking dead.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »
Honest don't watch enough wrestling to think of future guys.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 09:25:16 PM »
How bout a women version
Past -       Trish Stratus or Mickie James if u want someone who on tv more
Present -   Becky Lynch
Future   -  Ember Moon  and  Tessa Blanchard (who happens to be Tully Blanchards daughter)

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 10:44:01 PM »
^^^thats pretty good!

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »
Finally found my fourth. Cant complain, i like my faction i think it would legit work.

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 11:26:11 PM »
Eeeew to most of those on general, and, as a question, how do they even fit the past present future theme?

Also, thanks for replying. Man this forum’s fucking dead.

AJ is still in his prime but he also represents the past and present, Drew is present/future with an emphasis on present, Ricochet and Pentagon Dark are the present/future with an emphasis on future.

Also, if you're "eeeew"ing AJ, Ricochet, or Pentagon then you might as well just admit you don't know jack shit about pro wrestling.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 12:34:23 AM »
Pentagon Dark in a suit.

A clown suit maybe.

HAW!

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 05:26:39 AM »
Past Triple H
Present Roman Reigns
Future Velvateen Dream
Future Lars Sulivsn

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 08:00:04 AM »
Past Triple H
Inspired choice w. HHH as the past. Whenever DX has been trotted out over the last several years it always rings false, as he’s, you know, the fucking boss now.
Evolution, though (him staying in the spotlight, controlling the world title by proxy, grooming some next gen stars), thats different. That works.

Present Roman Reigns
Reigns as the present is really an excellent choice, story telling wise, as we all know thats what management wants. HHH using Evolution to further push him down everyone’s throats will get big heat. Its a clever way to turn Reigns heel while still insisting he’s a great guy. Also, seeing Reigns suited up, would be a long overdue image change.

Future Velvateen Dream
Yet another excellent choice. ‘Dream is pretty much a complete package. Great look (flamboyant, and could eaily tailor it as the group’s peacock), can wrestle, work the mic (and social media), and already seems destined for great things. A spot in Evolution would seal the deal for him.

Future Lars Sullivan
Easily your boldest choice. His old school look puts him at odds w. the group’s dynamic. In a suit he’d look like a total thug, which is what he’d likely be. He wouldnt be the singles title holder, he’d tag w. HHH, doing all the work. His look though, and dominance would likely make him a favorite as the group went on, and if they turned on him, he could Heel/face turn easily (a big guy w. his looks picked on by the 3 smaller handsome bullies would resonate w. fans).

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »
I was thinking about doing a write up but you nailed it for me.

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »
That was really fun; your choices were on point, got me all excited!

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2018, 04:30:39 PM »
The women's one is a pretry good idea.

Past Molly Holly
Present Shasha Banks
Future Shauna Bazler
Future Mandy Rose

Holly and Mandy play the part of Barista and Flair.

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 12:57:29 AM »
Nice. Sasha as a heel is something i’ve been waiting to see for ages...!