Herochat

Houston opens Robot brothel

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Houston opens Robot brothel
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 10:15:16 PM »
Yeah, I have seen people getting really upset over sex bots and I don’t get why.  They are basically vibrators for men when it comes down to it.

Really? I disagree. The obvious goal in to try and make the sex toy more human, and, as they get more lifelike, have the user form some sort of attachment to the device. Otherwise why wouldn’t they just sell fleshlights? All kidding aside, I think this is a pretty depressing development.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »
Yeah, I have seen people getting really upset over sex bots and I don’t get why.  They are basically vibrators for men when it comes down to it.

Really? I disagree. The obvious goal in to try and make the sex toy more human, and, as they get more lifelike, have the user form some sort of attachment to the device. Otherwise why wouldn’t they just sell fleshlights? All kidding aside, I think this is a pretty depressing development.

My point being that people seem more concerned with dudes masturbating with machines than women.  Certainly male sex robots are next.

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 01:23:04 AM »
I would
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

MTL76

• +1136/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 06:21:00 AM »
My point being that people seem more concerned with dudes masturbating with machines than women.  Certainly male sex robots are next.

Probably, but a) it's infinitely easier for a woman to get laid if she wants to, so there's not as much demand, and b) I don't think men care a much about women fucking a robot as women do about men.

Though who knows? Once the robots become truly lifelike, so much will have changed, I'm sure I couldn't predict how society will react.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »

I think it's because some men get that guilty angst after sexual release/relief.
Or they're prone to add an emotional attachment to a sexual encounter.

I don't think women are "wired" that way when it comes to sexual relief.

As someone who has cleaned a soda machine before I can guarantee they won't be cleaned well enough.

I worked security in a brothel years ago...

Let me tell you, when you go to inspect the rooms in-between clients & you come across a "mysterious" package & you're wondering if it's money or drugs accidentally left behind...9 outta 10 times you regret opening that package...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:17:58 AM by Bran Mak Morn »

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 10:30:40 AM »

I think it's because some men get that guilty angst after sexual release/relief.
Or they're prone to add an emotional attachment to a sexual encounter.

I don't think women are "wired" that way when it comes to sexual relief.

It's the other way around.  Men are usually the type to not get attached while women have more of an emotional connection to sexual encounters.  Thus, one of the reasons why men are more likely to sleep around.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 11:34:25 AM »
I think it's both actually and is more about the order. Women's emotional attachment leads into a sexual encounter while a male's sexual encounter will lead into emotional attachment.

Obviously these are hard truths about either sex but you can see the patterns in behavior. Men are more likely to be stalkers and the women they stalk are usually start as source of sexual gratification whether it be an ex, a stripper, or someone they put in their spank bank.

Women stalkers tend to develop a fantasy emotional relationship first before persuing the victim. This is probably one of the reasons why there are less female stalkers. It's harder to develop an emotional delusion with someone you don't actually interact with then a sexual delusion. That's my own personal speculation though.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »
Doesn't that led into my point?  Dudes are more about sex while women are more about emotional relationships?

That said, won't a man having sex with a robot, blow-up doll or what have you give him a sexual release which would cut down on any stalker behavior?  So even if people are concerned about crazy sexual guys, you'd think they would support this and not get angry.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:02:46 PM by AP »

MTL76

• +1136/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
*^^ Well, The theory about rape is that’s it’s more about power than sex, so “raping” a robot whose sole purpose is to be used for sex is self-defeating, and likely won’t attract a rapist.

Though I suppose if the robot was realistic enough that it looked and emoted realistically, it might float a rapist’s boat. Which is going to be really creepy.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
Doesn't that led into my point?  Dudes are more about sex while women are more about emotional relationships?

That said, won't a man having sex with a robot, blow-up doll or what have you give him a sexual release which would cut down on any stalker behavior?  So even if people are concerned about crazy sexual guys, you'd think they would support this and not get angry.

Like I said I think it's really just an order of operations thing. Also I don't think anyone is getting angry. I personally just think it's more gross to be banging a used sex bot than a human who has sex before.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 03:05:28 PM »

Like I said I think it's really just an order of operations thing. Also I don't think anyone is getting angry. I personally just think it's more gross to be banging a used sex bot than a human who has sex before.

No one is angry here.  I'm referring to people I've seen elsewhere who consider sex robots to be misogynistic in some way.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »
Ah. I can see them being used as outlet for abuse/misogyny but an actual sign of misogyny? Nah. Thats the same kind of mentality behind the claims that video games make you violent or exposure to gay shit is gonna make you gay.

ProjectCornDog

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 05:03:50 PM »
Ah. I can see them being used as outlet for abuse/misogyny but an actual sign of misogyny? Nah. Thats the same kind of mentality behind the claims that video games make you violent or exposure to gay shit is gonna make you gay.

Imagine the ads?

Put a woman on a leash with the words ILLEGAL over it. Put a robot woman on a leash with the words LEGAL. On the bottom an address.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »
I never understood the appeal of wanting a subservient significant other. I guess sexually sometimes would be fun but fuck having someone around who is just waiting for you to tell them what to do. I prefer everyone in my life to be as self sufficient as possible.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »
I never understood the appeal of wanting a subservient significant other. I guess sexually sometimes would be fun but fuck having someone around who is just waiting for you to tell them what to do. I prefer everyone in my life to be as self sufficient as possible.

I think there are degrees to the dom/sub fetish.  Like some people are only into it in the bedroom while others just have entire lives centered around it.  Whatever gets people hard, I guess.