Herochat

Has Pixar lost its charm?

TURBODERP

• +2/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Has Pixar lost its charm?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »
LOL

Inside Out (2015) & Coco (2017) were both phenomenal and original. The Good Dinosaur (2015) was pretty good, too, just not a "holy shit blockbuster!". Cars gets shit on, but they pumped out the sequels because the merchandise sells through the roof.

They haven't lost anything.

I think people think of Cars (which wasn't AWFUL, just...generic) and the sequels and associate that with "wow Pixar is SHITE THAT'S 3 BAD MOVIES" and ignore the great movies that have come out too (Coco is a masterpiece and a tearjerker).

XMinusOne

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Has Pixar lost its charm?
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 01:06:14 PM »
I haven't seen Incredibles 2 yet, but I would definitely say Pixar slowed down on the boundary-pushing classics in the past decade, with Inside Out being the last major score. I know at least one woman has claimed they ripped her off for it, but since when do Disney & Pixar not get that sort of accusation leveled at them?

I think Inside Out being a rip off of her idea is a stretch, anyway. The show Herman's Head did the same concept back in the 90s.

Pixar has always been hit or miss for me. The Toy Story series is great but Cars sucks.
Incredibles was awesome but the second one was just a rehash of the first.
Coco was great but Good Dinosaur was boring.