Herochat

Wonder Woman vs Thor | Better fighter/Who's more skilled?

gokenadams

• +10/-20
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
Wonder Woman vs Thor | Better fighter/Who's more skilled?
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:51:43 PM »
Let's settle this once and for all. who's actually more skilled, and why? prove it with on panel showings, etc. Back your claim.

IMO I say Thor.

In this instance, this is a young Thor  Fighting for 80 days at a teen ,killing millions of monsters

gokenadams

• +10/-20
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder Woman vs Thor | Better fighter/Who's more skilled?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 06:58:09 PM »
keeping up with captain America

They were not fighting each other but against 100s of enemies,he outperformed cap and he is depowered here

Performing agility onpar with cap .again no powers

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 02:34:22 AM »
I think comparing  Thor to WW should stick to their regular power levels & not the rare drop in their own power.  I'd figure Thor would still be above cap in many regards.   Just as a non-god Herc would.   I could easily side with Thor given some major feats of his & WW shouldn't be slighted.   You should factor in things that make them comparable to make this a fair comparison.  And don't forget Thor had centuries of battle experience over Cap.   Maybe,  Thor was going slow so that the little mortal could keep up.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 06:27:10 AM »
Yeah, there's a pretty strong comic convention where HtH skill is rarely given much actual value in deciding battles at the top tier level. Nowhere near the credit it gets at the street level.
There's lip service a plenty, but Thor or Orion's 'skill' doesn't seem to end up being a major factor when fighting Superman or Gladiator or anyone in their weight class. It does come up from time to time, and if you search, you'll find scans a plenty. But when compared to the number of fights where it doesn't seem to matter, such occasions are a small minority IMO.
What is special about WW is she is one of the few top tiers consistently credited with serious HtH skillz, and where these skills are often shown to be decisive factors in her fights.
So regardless of who is theoretically more skilled, WW is effectively more skilled and likely the most effectively skilled elite top tier combatant.

Whiskeyclone

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 09:49:03 AM »
Yeah, WW's gets played up and factors into her wins considerably more than for Thor. In all seriousness, it's probably in large part because she's a woman and writers are more comfortable with a woman using skill and speed to win than having one just overpower other powerhouses, but it definitely gets played up more for her. Which I guess is to say she's more hth skilled.

fangirl101

• +37/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »
I just won't even bother. This thread is trash. If Thor were so skilled, he could get some wins on Hulk.

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »
Amazingly, the main person who would speak on behalf of Wonder Woman fails to do so.   And the rest of us pick up the mantle.  Telling!

fangirl101

• +37/-57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:03:12 PM »
Amazingly, the main person who would speak on behalf of Wonder Woman fails to do so.   And the rest of us pick up the mantle.  Telling!
You spoke and didn't present a shred of evidence. If I did, which is so easy to dismantle his arguments, it would take time out of my day.

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 06:12:10 PM »
You spoke and didn't present a shred of evidence. If I did, which is so easy to dismantle his arguments, it would take time out of my day.

You've responded twice without providing anything & already took time out of your day.   And what I've said is pretty relevant to this matter.   Is wonder woman fighting a depowered Thor?  And if so is he saying Thor needs to be depowered to allow Wonder woman a chance?   Hell,  I could always post superman one shotting wonder woman.  As a display of no battle skill being needed to take her down.

fangirl101

• +37/-57
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 06:23:59 PM »

You've responded twice without providing anything & already took time out of your day.   And what I've said is pretty relevant to this matter.   Is wonder woman fighting a depowered Thor?  And if so is he saying Thor needs to be depowered to allow Wonder woman a chance?   Hell,  I could always post superman one shotting wonder woman.  As a display of no battle skill being needed to take her down.

Superman has never one shot WW. Like ever.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 06:24:51 PM »

She was recently one-shot by something that bounced off his skin.

fangirl101

• +37/-57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

He is invulnerable.  If it was piercing or cutting...so what.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »

It was a regular bullet.

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »

It was a regular bullet.

If only Wonder Woman had the skill to zip-zap she could have dodged that bullet.

fangirl101

• +37/-57
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 01:24:24 AM »

It was a regular bullet.

If only Wonder Woman had the skill to zip-zap she could have dodged that bullet.

So he didn't one shot her...