Iron Spider Suit spider
Vs
Loki with the his staff

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
Re: MCU Spiderman vs MCU Loki
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 04:52:46 PM »
Loki would have a field day screwing with Peter's mind since he's still a noob.  Although I wonder if Peter's AI will help him "see" through his illusions?

When you say the staff, do you mean Odin's spear or the Mind Stone scepter?

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 02:05:36 AM »
Loki would have a field day screwing with Peter's mind since he's still a noob.  Although I wonder if Peter's AI will help him "see" through his illusions?

When you say the staff, do you mean Odin's spear or the Mind Stone scepter?
Mind stone scepter.

I’m not sure Loki would be able to use to scepter to control spider like he did others.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:27:16 AM »
When I mentioned screwing with Peter's mind, I'm talking about his usual trickery, although I'm curious why you think the Mind Stone wouldn't work.

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:44:02 AM »
When I mentioned screwing with Peter's mind, I'm talking about his usual trickery, although I'm curious why you think the Mind Stone wouldn't work.
When he tried to use the stone on stark via the scepter it failed due to it hitting metal/his arc rector. Just figured the iron spider suit would be made from high tech stuff.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 10:53:42 AM »
Fair point.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 11:40:29 AM »
When he tried to use the stone on stark via the scepter it failed due to it hitting metal/his arc rector. Just figured the iron spider suit would be made from high tech stuff.
I figured it was specifically because the arc reactor was basically bypassing his heart, so Loki's scepter couldn't get the access he wanted. I think if he tried it on Peter and he resisted it would be a willpower thing.

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 05:06:11 AM »
I figured it was specifically because the arc reactor was basically bypassing his heart, so Loki's scepter couldn't get the access he wanted. I think if he tried it on Peter and he resisted it would be a willpower thing.
maybe yeah.tbh I’m not sure as I said to AP why I think it might not work.

Did it fail on anyone else?