Herochat

Iron Fist season 2 Episodes 5-8

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
Iron Fist season 2 Episodes 5-8
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:21:16 AM »
Episode five.

Steel Serpent is born.  But did Davos swipe that mask off the dead Iron Fist that's been mummified for who knows how long?  Because that can't be very hygenic.  And I guess all this stems from his mom-complex.  She was a mean one.  I'm still wondering about the nationality of K'un L'un.  In Defenders, we learn that the Five fingers of the Hand mostly came form other parts of the globe and settled in K'un L'un for a time.  Certainly, Davos' mom is from India.  So I'm curious how Danny is looked down on as an outsider when there seems to be a lot of them there.

Joy's motivation makes a bit more sense now.  I guess she wasn't interested in killing Danny so much as taking everything form him, which is a little bit better than her just going full-evil.

The scene where Danny gets patched up makes me miss Claire.  Bethany is a poor substitute, especially with her getting on a high horse.  You are a sponsor who is sleeping with one of your sponsees, lady.  Check your tone.

It's interesting to see how Ward and Danny bonded over their "addictions" as well.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Fist season 2 Episodes 5-8
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »
Episode six.

Davos killing his way through the Triads is fun to watch.  Mary is starting to grow on me a little but I'm still not gaga over her.  The best scenes in this episode were between Ward and Joy.  They've gone from one of the most bland side characters in the Netflix Marvel shows to one of the more interesting ones, at least when it comes to side characters who aren't combative.

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »
"What's a 616?"

"Possible enhanced"

Heh, I see what you did there, Netflix. :)

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
I got through 7 and 8.  I'm not quite sure why Danny needs training or at least I'm not sure why Colleen is the best person for that job.  I get it that he's too tied up in his emotions to face Davos, but is Colleen the best person for that?  She's always seemed to be just as tied up emotionally as Danny.  Claire said as much last season.  That said, I do like that Danny is coming to terms with his own drive.  This season is really going a long way to explain why Danny is who he is.  Oh, and I like that we see Sokovia.  With the Raft being referenced in Jessica Jones and Sokovia now playing a part in Iron Fist, it's good that the Netflix shows are doing a bit more than simply referencing The Incident every now and then.  And speaking of Mary, it doesn't look like she's a part of the Hand in the MCU.  I was waiting for her to be revealed as a former Hand assassin or something.

At any rate, episode 8 ends with a big twist I won't spoil quite yet.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:16:40 PM by AP »

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 03:23:40 AM »
The way they deal with Mary's multiple personalities is interesting. It's much closer to real life cases than the comicbook version. I suspect that Netflix didn't want to piss off anyone off with an offensive portrayal.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 05:50:32 AM »
The way they deal with Mary's multiple personalities is interesting. It's much closer to real life cases than the comicbook version. I suspect that Netflix didn't want to piss off anyone off with an offensive portrayal.

I've read at least one critic who was still pissed off.  Then again, that same critic was one of the ones generally pissed off that Danny is a white dude.

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 08:34:53 PM »

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 10:00:25 PM »
You mean this one? https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/iron-fist-typhoid-mary-marvel/

Nope.  It was a different one but either way, I'm not surprised.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 12:28:01 AM »
Much better then season 1, and the side characters aren’t nearly as bad

Still have a hard time taking Davos seriously though. Did they use angles more in s1 as didn’t think he was that short

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 01:18:05 AM »
He was always short. It just wasn't as noticeable in season one because they weren't trying to sell him as an intimidating villain.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »
Yeah whether it's better acting/writing/direction...I was enjoying Danny's character more than I did in S1.

Then he does the dumbest thing & takes his focus off Davos to watch Walker sneaking up behind him with the syringe & it back to the naive idiot that he was in S1 all over again...

That smile Colleen had when she knew the Crane Sisters wanted to fight was priceless...you could feel Colleen badly wanted to fight just for the hell of it.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »
He was always short. It just wasn't as noticeable in season one because they weren't trying to sell him as an intimidating villain.

Yeah, that is weird.  I just went back to snag a clip and sure enough, the first clip I got was Danny and Davos standing in a hall with Danny a full head taller.  It's weird that it wasn't as noticable before.  Especially considering we all knew he would turn evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7da760rfbdM

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 12:00:22 AM »
So I'm curious how Danny is looked down on as an outsider when there seems to be a lot of them there.

Because white
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches