Herochat

Lindsey Graham...

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Lindsey Graham...
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2018, 11:13:00 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/us/politics/lindsey-graham-trump-midterms.html#commentsContainer

I do not understand republicans. At all. Not the politicians. Just regular folk. I just don't...understand what logic they use.

That’s a good summation of why our country seems so divided.

Also, regarding the article, it's funny that the New York Times praises bipartisanship (by this, I mean giving concessions to the majority party) in Republicans, but never seems to do so in Democrats. Similarly, Republicans that tend to vote along party lines are presented as automatons, but Democrats who do so aren't.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:49:20 AM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2018, 08:56:01 AM »
Well, a good number of Republicans say "Trump doing (insert whatever) bad or wrong" and then they vote and support him.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/414746-saturday-night-live-mocks-fox-news-coverage-of-caravan

And this. This is exactly what i mean. It's like republicans live in this horrible evil Wonderland . There's no logic, just fear and make believe. It's like that tunnel in Willy Wonka...only it's evil and it's not the tunnel--it's the entire frickin' factory!

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2018, 09:16:33 AM »
“It’s ridiculous to call it a caravan!” OK, what would you like to call this organized procession of thousands of people marching en masse towards our border?

“They won’t get here for two months!” Ok, shouldn’t we have a plan in place for what to do when they do get here? Are we not supposed to think of things beyond today?

“It has no bearing on the upcoming election!” If the two main parties have very different plans on what to do in two months, how is that not something to consider?

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »
Listen I have no issue with calling them a caravan

But the whole it secret muslims extremnist sneaking in there  (something he basicly admit he pulled out of his ass) who are bringing smallpox (a disease that I think wiped out).  Then idea they runnign over when they going through a legal process that refugees go through. Then the whole bring 15,000 troops..and saying treats rock like rifles..may lead to a horrible incident. All this is during the election to stoke his base. He actully making policy to stoke a hatefull part of his base. Because is tax cuts for the rich and lying about wanting to cover pre existing conditions. Then he add he can take away birth right citenship with an executive order  (no you fucking cant). That just feeding the more extrem side. Left has a wild base to. But dont know if the dems been giving them that amount of  and this kind of red meat. In fact their pretty devided. We have a birther as president. We dont have say a Truther as the opposition.

As for asking for compromise. during Obama people were doing report "If only Obama would have a beer or play golf with the republicans surely they like him". That ask of all president. Trump just the one that  kind of openly saying FUCK that. He openly cheering on body slamming a reporter. Imagine if the other side did that.  The shit storm That would happen. or if they said fox new the enemy of the people and he want to take their licence away. Imagine if Fox was shit on after they got a bomb threat

This not just finding reason to shit on trump. When a poster here cheered on punching a nazi a lot of people said that wa wrong. And that a post posting a board about Superhero fights and pics of chicks with Dicks. Not the fucking president of the united States. All for compromise. But it times where I dont know what the fuck this guy wants

Like the imigrantion bill. People kept saying the dems have to compromise and give money for that wall including the so called liberlal media. They did, gave him money...everyone seem cool with a Bill. Because they gave in a lot of Trump demands...while gettign heat from the left base. And what happen...still turn down the bill and called Dems extreme.  People were shocked because they didnt know what the dude wanted

Same when Boehner was a speaker. Lot of times he couldnt get his own people to work, because no Bill was good enough if it had a single bit of compromise

All for compromise. But it has to work both ways at some point. We shouldnt make fun of the south so much. But maybe also..the people running shouldn't shit on the north so much with talking about new York values in a negative and saying the rural state the REAL america. shit they been doing since I was aware of politics.. Dems need to reach Rural white...some of the maga hat wearing crowd. Even reaching out to brietbert reader. But assure you there no where in the republicans establismhement are they saying "yea those college kids with the Che T-shirts. And the people who reading those jezebell article about why cant superman be played by a transeuxal muslim, We really need to reach out to them"

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2018, 05:31:54 PM »
Quote from: therock
We shouldnt make fun of the south so much.

No, the South deserves it. And I say that as someone who was born here and has lived here my whole life.
Truten forever!