Herochat

Iron Fist season 2 Episodes 1-4

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
Iron Fist season 2 Episodes 1-4
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:46:20 AM »
While I didn't hate the first season like some people, I knew there were flaws and it was one of the weaker Marvel Netflix shows.  Going by the first episode, they've improved almost everything.

- The acting is much better, which shows that Finn Jones, et al are capable actors.  They just needed a solid script.

- Danny isn't brooding anymore.  He's more laid back and generous, which carried over from his appearance in Luke Cage.

- The fight scenes are really good and there were three in the first episode alone.  I'm glad they got around to actually having a fight choreographer for this season.

- Even the cinematography looks good.  The first episode has a certain look to it, similar to the other Netflix Marvel shows, which the show needed.  The last season kind of looked different from episode to episode.

Also a few more things:

- Ward is still a great character.  He's trying to do right by Danny and Joy but he's still sleazy enough to bang his support group leader in a closet.  It seems like the sort of thing he'd do.

- The guy playing Davos is short.  Finn Jones towers over him and Jones is an average-sized dude.  It's not really a complaint but it's something I noticed with this episode.

- I'm still not buying Joy's turn to evil.  I get it if she simply wanted to take Rand Enterprise for herself but going so far as to team-up with Davos in a plot to kill Danny seems a bit too far for her character.  Unfortunately, that's a setup from the previous season so there isn't much for them to do about it.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Fist season 2 Episodes 1-4
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »
Watched the 1st episode and I agree with AP. They improved everything wrong with the first season. Not perfect but I like it still.

And Colleen would've lost points with me.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:20:05 PM »
Watched the 1st episode and I agree with AP. They improved everything wrong with the first season. Not perfect but I like it still.

You didn't like Colleen the first time around?

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 06:21:12 PM »

You didn't like Colleen the first time around?

Oh no! She's been great in every appearance.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
I finished episode two.  That K'un L'un fight between Davos and Danny was brutal as hell.  Colleen is pretty chill considering Mary is calling their house asking for Danny when she knows she wants the D.  Also, Ward is still a lovable bastard.  He might be my favorite this season.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 08:45:55 PM »
That dinner scene was awkward, hilarious, and had the right emotional punch to it.  Some reviews thought it was cheesy, but considering Danny, Colleen, and Ward still think Joy and Davos can still be given the olive branch and they have no idea they've gone full-evil, it makes sense for them to do something this mundane.

Also, I hope that if there's a season three, Ward gets to flip people off again.  Somehow it's funny every time he does it.

And finally Danny and Colleen know something is up with Mary.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 10:15:46 PM »
Episode 4 now.  I'm guessing the Iron Fist corpse was the same IF that we saw in the 1940's footage in the first season.

It was good to see Misty.  The arguments between her, Colleen, and Danny were good in that they were all right about something.  They managed to have Danny argue with people and be stubborn without being immature.

I'm not super excited about Typhoid Mary yet.  Her fight with Danny was basically her blindsiding him, banking on his confusion and refusal to fight back, then drugging him before he retaliates too strongly.  Granted, I would have hated it if she beat him outright as I'm wanting to see a Danny Rand who can kick everyone's ass, but... I dunno... I wanted something a bit more epic from Mary.  I mean, we have six more episodes for me to be impressed by her.  It doesn't help that I feel they could have had just about any random Marvel villainous in her role so far.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 10:11:56 AM »
On Episode 3 and Mary is CLEARLY insane. She's freakong me out but still hot lol

Colleen didn't trip because she knows Danny and isn't insecure like that.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:17:26 AM »
On Episode 3 and Mary is CLEARLY insane. She's freakong me out but still hot lol

It's not about insecurity or mistrusting Danny.  It's about some chick randomly calling up her boyfriend.  Like I trust my wife 100%, but if some dude calls looking for her and I know he wants something, I'm gonna let that dude know he needs to lose the phone number.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 10:17:48 AM »
Also, it looks like they went more kung-fu as opposed to tai chi for fighting style/choreography. I don't like that. While kung fu is more "flashy", tai chi for a better for the character. I never thought of it until the 1st season. As an American, I expect certain things in MA's which don't necessarily match the character or archetype.

Thinking on it, I like Danny mastering tai chi and Shang being a kung fu master. So Matt had boxing/kung fu, Danny is tai chi and Shang is the master of kung fu.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 10:20:04 AM »

It's not about insecurity or mistrusting Danny.  It's about some chick randomly calling up her boyfriend.  Like I trust my wife 100%, but if some dude calls looking for her and I know he wants something, I'm gonna let that dude know he needs to lose the phone number.

She met Mary on episode 2. She wasn't really a "random" at that point. Plus Colleen obviously gives leeway to emotionally damaged people.

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 03:30:50 AM »
Episode 4 now.  I'm guessing the Iron Fist corpse was the same IF that we saw in the 1940's footage in the first season.

It was good to see Misty.  The arguments between her, Colleen, and Danny were good in that they were all right about something.  They managed to have Danny argue with people and be stubborn without being immature.

I'm not super excited about Typhoid Mary yet.  Her fight with Danny was basically her blindsiding him, banking on his confusion and refusal to fight back, then drugging him before he retaliates too strongly.  Granted, I would have hated it if she beat him outright as I'm wanting to see a Danny Rand who can kick everyone's ass, but... I dunno... I wanted something a bit more epic from Mary.  I mean, we have six more episodes for me to be impressed by her.  It doesn't help that I feel they could have had just about any random Marvel villainous in her role so far.

She appears to just be a skilled mercenary with MPD in this universe.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 02:41:06 AM »

Well you are known for your toxic masculinity

Although she does seem like a chill girlfriend. She lot more chill then Daredevil and Luke Cage girlfriends.

pretty good so far. The fights approve. The sister went full evil. Nice so far.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »
what the fuck happened to Alice Eve since Star Trek into Darkness..? She looks like an Osmond.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »
Oh geez I didn’t even put two and two together they were the same actress.