Herochat

The Beatles saw God on a Yellow Submarine

ProjectCornDog

• +5/-14
    • View Profile
The Beatles saw God on a Yellow Submarine
« on: September 02, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/02/paul-mccartney-claims-saw-god-during-psychedelic-trip-talks-believing-in-afterlife.html

Former Beatle Paul McCartney has told a British newspaper he believes he once saw God during a psychedelic trip.

The 76-year-old star told The Sunday Times he was "humbled" by the experience.

He said that "it was huge. A massive wall that I couldn't see the top of, and I was at the bottom. And anybody else would say it's just the drug, the hallucination, but we felt we had seen a higher thing."

The Beatles' music was heavily influenced by psychedelic drugs in the band's final years.

McCartney also spoke of allowing himself to believe that his lost loved ones, including his late wife Linda, are "looking down" on him.

The singer is promoting a new album and a tour. He remains one of music's most popular concert acts.

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
Re: The Beatles saw God on a Yellow Submarine
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »
Good thing he didn't get too close, the fucker found the Source Wall.

Tjackflash

• +4/-36
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 05:10:09 PM »
  Doesn't this belong in the "yeah, so..." file?   L.S.D., mushrooms, peyote, and such are kind of supposed to make you see God, dead relatives, and a lot of other interesting things.
          THAT'S!  WHY!  YOU!  TAKE!  THEM! 
  Sir Paul and the lads have brought me a lot of my favorite music over the years so I'm pleased that he had a nice experience, but I'm not exactly surprised about his using, nor do I think that if he were not famous anyone would give a rat's furry butt.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Riv1

• +62/-1052
  • but doctor i am pagliacci
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »
Doesn't this belong in the "yeah, so..." file?
Pretty much. I’d be surprised if he/they HADNT seen god.

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 07:02:30 PM »
  Doesn't this belong in the "yeah, so..." file?   L.S.D., mushrooms, peyote, and such are kind of supposed to make you see God, dead relatives, and a lot of other interesting things.
          THAT'S!  WHY!  YOU!  TAKE!  THEM! 
  Sir Paul and the lads have brought me a lot of my favorite music over the years so I'm pleased that he had a nice experience, but I'm not exactly surprised about his using, nor do I think that if he were not famous anyone would give a rat's furry butt.

ProjectCornDog

• +5/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 07:54:08 PM »
I guess the only thing surprising about these type of trips is what conclusions they get out of it. For Paul, reflecting during his elder years, he genuinely believes the experience transcended the drugs. Interesting what kind of experiences influenced some of the greatest musicians.

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised people still think there's some great spiritual awakening as opposed to just drug induced hallucinations.

Riv1

• +62/-1052
  • but doctor i am pagliacci
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 12:24:44 AM »
Interesting what kind of experiences influenced some of the greatest musicians
^^^well thats the difference between really creative ppl and average ppl.
An average person will drop some shrooms (or whatever), throw up on their shoes, wake up, and try to figure out where their keys are.
A creative person sits down and writes generation/genre defining music.