Herochat

Does you're state have a lot of amusement parks?

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Does you're state have a lot of amusement parks?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »
The only one I can really think of in KY is Kentucky Kingdom and it's waaaay on the other end of the state.

If we want a really good park, we go to King's Island in Ohio. Bout the same driving time, but more familiar than Kentucky Kingdom (Only been there once, but it was really fun)

Or if we want a nostalgic trip, we'll go right across the border to West Virginia and visit Camden Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvZ7JjmdA3s  loved that commercial as a kid. Got really psyched when I saw it at the start of this horror movie called The Houses October Built

Not BAMF

• +20/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 05:34:44 PM »
We have Kennywood about 45 minutes from me. Elsewhere in the state is Hershey Park, but I've never been there.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/09/18/show-9-18-18-study-hall/ (Is Marvel Munchkin any good? We play it and let you know. Then we discuss the best comics centered on kids and/or school)

Riv1

• +62/-1052
  • but doctor i am pagliacci
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »
Or if your not in the US are amusement parks a thing in your country and what are some good ones.

I was just thinking about this because I'll be taking my daughter to Sesame Place on Sunday and it will be the 4th amusement park we go to this summer, the other three being  Dorney Park, Hershey Park, and Knoebels. All of them within driving range of where I live and it doesn't even scratch the surface of different parks I can drive to. Even more so if I count water parks.
^^^that sounds cool, if you like that stuff.
I used to, but PTSD has me avoiding crowds and loud noises. Had to google but i guess i have like 10-12 in my State, depending on who’s counting.

NeoGreenLantern

• +89/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 10:37:02 PM »
We have Kennywood about 45 minutes from me. Elsewhere in the state is Hershey Park, but I've never been there.

Never heard of Kenwood but I looked it up and it looks decent. I definitely recommend checking out Hershey Park if you get the chance.

Animalia

• +8/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 02:54:47 AM »
There's one in the island where I live but I hardly think it could be comparable to the average one you could find in US.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 09:36:12 AM »
Most of our theme/amusement parks are up north in Queensland (WB MovieWorld, DreamWorld, Wet N Wild, Sea World) due to the warm tropical weather all year round.

I think it was DreamWorld that had the unfortunate accident of 4 people killed on one of their family friendly water rides last year.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +78/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2018, 04:44:54 AM »
California. I've been to Raging Waters (Sacramento and San Jose); Six Flags (Vallejo; might hit Magic Mountain near L.A. next summer); Great America (Santa Clara); Disneyland (Anaheim); Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (Popeye theme lol).

Of those, I've been to RW in San Jose twice and the Sacramento one about a dozen; Six Flags in Vallejo about twenty; Disneyland 4 times; The Beach Boardwalk (not sure what else to call it) 3 or 4 times and Great America in excess of 100's as I used to get season passes as a kid and go virtually everyday during the summer.

Universal Studios, Lego Land and Sea World are on the list for future visits in the next couple of years.

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 06:33:23 PM »
it's not in Kentucky, but once when we visited my aunt in Ohio back in 95, we hit a place called Americana. It was a pretty fun park, but it's apparently since closed down