« on: August 28, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »
616 spidey

can he tank a point blank grenade?

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Can Spiderman tank a nuke?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 06:44:45 PM »
Nuke, no, grenade, yes. Doesn't he tank those fairly often against the goblins?

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:45:21 PM »
Fuck no he can't tank a nuke.

You're even worse than the poster who is literally just an FBI artificial intelligence.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 06:50:02 PM »
What?

Thorne

• +31/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 06:51:05 PM »
How does Spidey tank a grenade, I can see him dealing with the concussive burst of a Goblin bomb but grenade implies shrapnel, he can't dodge all of that.

Snake-eyes

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 06:52:03 PM »
616 spidey

can he tank a point blank grenade?

Do you think Spider-man can tank a nuke?

ProjectCornDog

• +10/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »
What a scene that would be.

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 08:11:01 PM »
Spider-Man obviously can't tank a nuke. I don't think he could tank a point blank grenade either on average. The Punisher rocked him pretty hard with a grenade a few years ago, and was able to steal one of his web-shooters and escape because of it.

As far as pumpkin bombs go, Ben Reilly once shielded Flash Thompson from a pumpkin bomb blast with his body, and had to bandage his torso immediately afterwards, but he wasn't put down by it.

There's another instance which comes to mind where Macendale Hobgoblin tossed a pumpkin bomb at Peter while he was floating in water, and somewhat groggy due to having been gassed not long before that, and it was implied that the bomb would've killed him, had Moon Knight not detonated it prior to impact with one of his throwing weapons.

Come to think of it, there's another instance from the Silver Age where it was explicitly stated that a direct hit from a pumpkin bomb would've been fatal to Peter, and although he was able to avoid a direct hit by parrying the incoming bomb with his webbing, he was still knocked unconscious by it going off near him.

gokenadams

• +10/-19
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »
Spider-Man obviously can't tank a nuke. I don't think he could tank a point blank grenade either on average. The Punisher rocked him pretty hard with a grenade a few years ago, and was able to steal one of his web-shooters and escape because of it.

As far as pumpkin bombs go, Ben Reilly once shielded Flash Thompson from a pumpkin bomb blast with his body, and had to bandage his torso immediately afterwards, but he wasn't put down by it.

There's another instance which comes to mind where Macendale Hobgoblin tossed a pumpkin bomb at Peter while he was floating in water, and somewhat groggy due to having been gassed not long before that, and it was implied that the bomb would've killed him, had Moon Knight not detonated it prior to impact with one of his throwing weapons.

Come to think of it, there's another instance from the Silver Age where it was explicitly stated that a direct hit from a pumpkin bomb would've been fatal to Peter, and although he was able to avoid a direct hit by parrying the incoming bomb with his webbing, he was still knocked unconscious by it going off near him.

you should brush on some spidey comics, Spider-Man cantank a point blank grenade explosion

this is a warhead missle that still clearly hits peter

fully conscious with again, minimal damage

An actual grenade level explosion, hitting peter

Zero damage, except for a torn suit

^Scan blatantly explains that the doombot explosion is equal to that of a m67 grenade BTW

I recall one where Electro blew up a portion of building top with Peter in it and it didn't even knock Pete down.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:25:45 PM by gokenadams »

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 08:28:18 PM »
Are we talking about nukes or grenades here?  Because those are two very different explosions.

gokenadams

• +10/-19
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »
Are we talking about nukes or grenades here?  Because those are two very different explosions.

learn how to read

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
Learn how to post a topic. The subject you ask about a nuke the body you ask about a grenade.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 08:57:44 PM »
No he can't tank a nuke.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 08:58:35 PM »
When the hell did Herochat become a Special Education class where we have to teach this Down Syndrome patient the difference between nukes and grenades?

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 09:00:32 PM »
you should brush on some spidey comics, Spider-Man cantank a point blank grenade explosion

This scene doesn't show Spidey tanking a grenade.

this is a warhead missle that still clearly hits peter

fully conscious with again, minimal damage

You're not giving the full picture here. We see in the previous issue that the missile detonates in the sea, some distance away from Peter.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-1963/Issue-523?id=4704#24

And he was unconscious for two days after that. Maybe you have a different notion of what it means to 'tank' something than I do, because merely surviving something isn't the same as tanking it in my book. Tanking something suggests to me that you were able to stand up to that thing, like a human tank.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-1963/Issue-524?id=4705#5

An actual grenade level explosion, hitting peter

Zero damage, except for a torn suit

^Scan blatantly explains that the doombot explosion is equal to that of a m67 grenade BTW

Yeah, but he appears to be dodging the explosion in that panel (it goes off somewhere behind or beside him, not on him). He doesn't dodge the one on the following page, but that wasn't point blank, as the Doombot exploded on Colossernaut's fist, and Spidey was some distance away from him.

I recall one where Electro blew up a portion of building top with Peter in it and it didn't even knock Pete down.

There are instances where Spidey has arguably withstood force equivalent to a grenade going off, but I've never seen him tank an actual grenade point blank.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:03:54 PM by The Shuruku Demon »