Herochat

John McCain is dead, lets talk about why he was a piece of shit.

superlurker

• +23/-0
    • View Profile
Re: John McCain is dead, lets talk about why he was a piece of shit.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 05:05:24 AM »
I feel like this thread is judging him awfully hard. I can't really think of any Republican senators that I think wouldn't be a better casualty.

Even though he was clearly in the wrong on some issues, he always seemed refreshingly honest as politicians go, and he clearly had a strong sense of honor and duty.

I prefer to remember him for moments like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIjenjANqAk I strongly preferred his campaign of 2000 to the one in 2008, though. The 2008 campaign seemed like he was being forced to pander to an increasingly loony Republican base.

The one thing that stood out the most to me in all of this was seeing his 106-year old mother attend when he was lying in state, though. And how his sons looked like parts of their faces were cloned.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
Re: John McCain is dead, lets talk about why he was a piece of shit.
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »
I feel like this thread is judging him awfully hard. I can't really think of any Republican senators that I think wouldn't be a better casualty.

Even though he was clearly in the wrong on some issues, he always seemed refreshingly honest as politicians go, and he clearly had a strong sense of honor and duty.

I prefer to remember him for moments like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIjenjANqAk I strongly preferred his campaign of 2000 to the one in 2008, though. The 2008 campaign seemed like he was being forced to pander to an increasingly loony Republican base.

The one thing that stood out the most to me in all of this was seeing his 106-year old mother attend when he was lying in state, though. And how his sons looked like parts of their faces were cloned.

You can probably look at any corrupt politician and point out one or two nice things.  None of that matters if the guy in question was an authoritarian that contributed to the current state of the US.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:57:16 AM by AP »