Herochat

John McCain is dead, lets talk about why he was a piece of shit.

LiquidSailor

• +68/-149
    • View Profile
Some people will try to claim being a war "hero" or whatever justifies anything evil or bad a person has done.  I don't believe that.  The man never saw a war he didn't want to get us involved in.  He supported giving weapons to ISIS to fight Assad.  You know, the same ISIS everyone was afraid of, and McCain wanted to wipe out?  At least, he wanted to wipe them out until he decided he wanted to support them.  Then are people surprised why terrorism never ends when we meddle in middle eastern affairs so often?

So, how will McCain be remembered?  As a "maverick" like his followers liked to call him?  Or a corrupt war hungry idiot who supported mass genocide, the military industrial complex, and thought picking Sarah Palin as a VP was  a great idea?

So yea.  McCain is dead.  Good.

DIGUSTING

NeoGreenLantern

• +89/-21
    • View Profile
Re: John McCain is dead, lets talk about why he was a piece of shit.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »
I think Trump saved his legacy.

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »
Yeah, he got some popularity at the end because he disliked Trump.  People ignored all that other shit for a while.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 09:52:47 PM »
One thing people will always remember is the thumbs down to the ACA repeal bill.

His passing could not have come at a worse time though. If it had happened May 30th or before, McCain's seat would have been on the ballot this year, and Dems would have had a shot at picking up two seats in Arizona. If it had happened after the election, David Garcia might have replaced Doug Ducey as governor and at least tried to find a rare reasonable Republican. ( AZ state law mandates the replacement be from the same party as the person they are replacing. )

Now whether Ducey stays in office or not, we are all stuck with whatever corporate GOP hack he picks until 2020.
Sig : Sydney Maler

LiquidSailor

• +68/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
People have short term memories.  That's why "the left"  champion scumbags like Bill Kristol who's been wrong on everything he's ever spoken about.  All these ex-CIA types who promoted the Iraq war are now heroes of the left because they hate Trump.  Mueller included.

DIGUSTING

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 10:19:58 PM »
I agree with Liquid.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Imperial

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 11:52:17 PM »
^^^^^^^

Same

So called "liberal" media has been on a hiring and equal time spree with everyone from war mongers to climate change denialists. It's okay so long as they oppose Trump. And in some cases, even if they don't.

LiquidSailor

• +68/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 12:38:03 AM »
^^^^^^^

Same

So called "liberal" media has been on a hiring and equal time spree with everyone from war mongers to climate change denialists. It's okay so long as they oppose Trump. And in some cases, even if they don't.

MSNBC is basically all former Bush admin people and former CIA.  It's pathetic.  There's your "resistance"

DIGUSTING

NeoGreenLantern

• +89/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 12:50:53 AM »
^^^^^^^

Same

What climate change deniers are you talking about?

LiquidSailor

• +68/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »
I havent been watching but they did hire Hugh Hewitt (though hes been let go recently) who was a climate denier and a giant republican whore.

DIGUSTING

Imperial

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 02:36:26 AM »
Organizations ranging from MSNBC to the NY Times to CNN to the Washington Post either hired or have stepped up providing more platform to everyone from Hewitt to George Will to Rick Santorum to Bret Stephens.

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 06:12:44 AM »
People have short term memories.  That's why "the left"  champion scumbags like Bill Kristol who's been wrong on everything he's ever spoken about.  All these ex-CIA types who promoted the Iraq war are now heroes of the left because they hate Trump.  Mueller included.

Comey's popularity is similar.  They HATED the guy when he investigate Hillary, then the moment he investigated Trump, he's their golden boy.  The flipside was also seen in the right.  I really despise American politics sometimes.

LiquidSailor

• +68/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 06:39:56 AM »
And he's still a registered republican who tweeted out a message to democrats.  He says more or less, Run a centerist, not someone progressive who will actually make your lives better.

DIGUSTING

ProjectCornDog

• +5/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 10:13:14 AM »
I've been upset over other things more than this, like finding out I left my car window slightly open.

NeoGreenLantern

• +89/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
.....kay