Herochat

You thought anime Master Roshi was strong? Manga Roshi is ELITE

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: You thought anime Master Roshi was strong? Manga Roshi is ELITE
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 10:43:07 AM »
I enjoyed Super despite it having plenty of flaws. GT had great concepts just poor executions. For example, the idea of overusing the dragonballs and a new enemy arises after all this time? It makes sense for that world. A lone survivor from a planet that the saiyans destroyed looking for revenge? Made sense.

Super had better use of other character, character development, and damn good fights. It had problems with power scaling and some narrative plotholes but its fun that Z has had a sequel and the movie looks great.
Basically how I feel.  Super was a lot more fun than GT.  Power levels didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I gave up on that a long time ago.  I could have gone without the whole Super Saiyan Blue power-ups since they just felt like palette swaps with Super-Saiyan.  But overall, I liked what they did with the characters and how they built up the universe more.  I'd take it over GT any day.

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't do a time-skip to after DBZ so we could see what they'd do after Goku trains Uub.