Herochat

Are you the alpha male of your workplace?

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
Re: Are you the alpha male of your workplace?
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »
Found out today the deal got scrapped. Doesn’t affect me, though. Instead I just transition to creating new themes/lessons (which I prefer), rather than creating an entirely new curriculum geared towards adults (in conjunction with our pre-k shit). Almost had to make a real, solid effort. Still getting paid to just be “creative”. Whew!

Living the dream, baby
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Are you the alpha male of your workplace?
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2018, 05:47:49 PM »
Eh...maybe? I'm in this weird, limbo state where I don't have a direct boss, nor am I the boss of anyone, directly. I'm still part of management (and ownership, in our franchise model), but I don't usually have to deal with day-to-day site bullshit (which mostly constitutes dealing with all of the staff's bullshit), and my "boss" lives in another state, entirely, and hasn't directly asked me to do anything in about 6 months LOL. I just...go to work, do whatever (which generally means I just write out lessons), help one of the site directors if they're short-handed, and then go home by 3PM, most days. I do know I have a HUGE project waiting in the wings, but it won't be a go until a deal we're working on is finalized with a group from China (facking CHOI-NAH).

For the most part, my situation is similar. Technically I have a boss, but i pretty much do my own thing. I'm respected for the quality of my work, but that's not the same thing as being an alpha. I also don't have people under me, so I have no leadership role, which is what I would assume a workplace alpha would be doing. I'm more like a crow, a scavenger type.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium