Herochat

What are Spider-Man's best fight scenes?

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
Re: What are Spider-Man's best fight scenes?
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »
Ooh, here's another one:

From the prose novel Revenge Of The Sinister Six, by Adam-Troy Castro, Spidey vs. the Sinister Six.

Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Mysterio, Electro (who still has his 90s DeFalco power-up), and Pity (an original villain; more on her later). The sixth, Chameleon, is off doing other stuff, and it's not like he'd make much difference in a fight anyway.

The fight takes place inside the Daily Bugle building. And it's pitch black.

But only for Spidey. The darkness is being generated by Pity, who's prevented herself and her teammates from being affected by it.

Oh, and Pity is also as strong and agile as Spidey. No spider-sense or webbing, but she does have martial arts training that he didn't at the time.

To recap: Spider-Man versus four of his oldest, deadliest villains, plus a new one who's roughly his physical equal. They can see. He can't.

He still wins. And it's written completely believably.

That sounds badass.  Too bad the books aren't canon.  Or are they?

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »
The Sinister Six Trilogy is. The writer worked very hard to fit them in canon, and the Marvel handbooks since then have likewise acknowledged them.

The S6 are backed by a rich old guy called Gustav Fiers, aka the Gentleman, who was created for the books and recently appeared in the Civil War II Kingpin mini-series.

(Also, Fiers was the mysterious old guy at the end of the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN movies)
Truten forever!

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2018, 03:03:26 PM »
(Also, Fiers was the mysterious old guy at the end of the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN movies)

I thought that was going to be Smythe or something.

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2018, 03:13:55 PM »
I loved that trilogy when I was younger. Completely forgot they even existed, good call! Sure I've got them all somewhere sitting around, might have to dig them out again.

Cheers.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +79/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2018, 02:35:06 AM »
The fight with Morlun is probably my favorite. What drives it home for me is him getting a breather and stopping long enough to call Aunt May and tell her good-bye, because he just might not make it out of this one. And then he gets back into it because he's a fucking hero and running away is not an option. He knows he CAN'T win...but he gets back up off of the canvas, so to speak.