« on: August 07, 2018, 02:03:14 PM »
current versions

Standard gear and armor

AP

• +100/-54
    • View Profile
Re: Deathstroke vs Elektra
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:31:48 PM »
I think Deathstroke takes this solidly.  Stroke is stronger, faster, smarter, and potentially more skilled.

gokenadams

• +5/-14
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 03:32:43 PM »
I think Deathstroke takes this solidly.  Stroke is stronger, faster, smarter, and potentially more skilled.

based on what feats?

AP

• +100/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 03:36:49 PM »
For what?  For everything I listed?

gokenadams

• +5/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
For what?  For everything I listed?

no. smarter and stronger

AP

• +100/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 03:49:44 PM »
Really?  I could see Elektra's speed or skill being debated as superior to Slade's but not strength and intellect.

I mean, Deathstroke has legit superhuman strength.  He's tangled with Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Hawkman, Beast Boy, Starfire, etc.  He regularly busts brick, twists metal, throws around human opponents, etc.  I can't think of a single strength feat for Elektra.  As for intellect, Deathstroke regularly fights entire teams of heroes using his cunning, has been a match for Batman in planning, and is generally regarded as one of the smarter characters in DC.

gokenadams

• +5/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 03:53:35 PM »
Really?  I could see Elektra's speed or skill being debated as superior to Slade's but not strength and intellect.

I mean, Deathstroke has legit superhuman strength.  He's tangled with Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Hawkman, Beast Boy, Starfire, etc.  He regularly busts brick, twists metal, throws around human opponents, etc.  I can't think of a single strength feat for Elektra.  As for intellect, Deathstroke regularly fights entire teams of heroes using his cunning, has been a match for Batman in planning, and is generally regarded as one of the smarter characters in DC.

so u havent read much on Elektra  eh?

Elektra is a master tactician too. Easily outsmarting amped lady bullseye with added intangibility abilities.

Also beating the serpent society by herself.  Elektra cleared the assassin guild by herself. Deathstroke is good but he's pretty much limited when he faces skilled fighters e.g batman, cassandra, dick, his only saving grace against them was his superior stats and gear. Elektra also have killer instincts unlike the heroes .

Not BAMF

• +19/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 03:56:11 PM »
Jeez, this guy. I'm borderline convinced he is a hardcore DC fan that does this shtick to make fangirl and Jelly and Abhi look like geniuses in comparison.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/08/14/show-8-14-18-sweethearty-summer/ (Guest starring our wives to talk about Luke Cage S2 and The Long Halloween!)

AP

• +100/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »

so u havent read much on Elektra  eh?

Elektra is a master tactician too. Easily outsmarting amped lady bullseye with added intangibility abilities.

Also beating the serpent society by herself.  Elektra cleared the assassin guild by herself. Deathstroke is good but he's pretty much limited when he faces skilled fighters e.g batman, cassandra, dick, his only saving grace against them was his superior stats and gear. Elektra also have killer instincts unlike the heroes .

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 10:44:04 PM »
Deathstroke

Animalia

• +7/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 08:45:28 AM »
I'm ok with Elekra being a bit more skilled hth and with blades,well...even being fast as him but smarter? Really not.
These are. Priest words on DS:

As I see him, Deathstroke’s true super-power is his intellect. Marv and others have loaded him up with these other powers—virtually all of which I find to be unnecessary and tedious in the sense that I have to find ways to demonstrate them. I’d be much happier if Deathstroke simply was what I believe Marv intended him to be: the evil version of Batman. Slade’s most potent super-power is his innate genius (we are abandoning the silliness that Deathstroke, “uses 90% of his brain capacity,” which is ridiculous. If Slade could access 90% of his brain capacity he’d be Charles Xavier).

Outsmarting Deathstroke is likely not possible. He is at least as resourceful and intelligent and well-prepared as Batman.

The Shuruku Demon

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »
Deathstroke wins a good fight. He's better armed, physically superior, and skilled enough that his superior stats will matter.

I think Wolfman intended him to be a mercenary version of Cap rather than an evil version of Batman though.

gokenadams

• +5/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
Deathstroke wins a good fight. He's better armed, physically superior, and skilled enough that his superior stats will matter.

I think Wolfman intended him to be a mercenary version of Cap rather than an evil version of Batman though.

prove that right now.

Also beating the serpent society by herself.

Elektra cleared the assassin guild by herself. Deathstroke is good but stop wanking him, he's pretty much limited when he faces skilled fighters e.g batman, cassandra, dick, his only saving grace against them was his superior stats and gear. Elektra also have killer instincts unlike the heroes .

Elektra bested amped tiger shark and Jack o lantern at the same time.

She bested bloody lips a 10 tonner who can gain the abilities of anyone he eats, Elektra beat him when he's eaten part of bullseye, lady bullseye, scalphunter.

Elektra was already a master of martial art as a kid, when did deathstroke started learning martial arts?

The Shuruku Demon

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 10:31:09 AM »

prove that right now.

Prove what specifically? That Slade is better armed? That he's physically superior? Or that he's skilled enough for his superior stats to matter?

Nothing I said implied she's not highly intelligent. I don't see intelligence being the difference maker in this fight though.

Elektra cleared the assassin guild by herself.

She bested bloody lips a 10 tonner who can gain the abilities of anyone he eats, Elektra beat him when he's eaten part of bullseye, lady bullseye, scalphunter.

Are these feats supposed to put Elektra above Deathstroke? Do they put her above Daredevil, Shang-Chi, or Captain America?

Deathstroke is good but stop wanking him, he's pretty much limited when he faces skilled fighters e.g batman, cassandra, dick, his only saving grace against them was his superior stats and gear. Elektra also have killer instincts unlike the heroes .

Do you think Elektra is more formidable than Batman?

Elektra was already a master of martial art as a kid, when did deathstroke started learning martial arts?

This is a terrible argument. You can make a case that Elektra is more skilled than Slade, but that case should be based on comparative skill showings, not on who's studied martial arts the longest.

gokenadams

• +5/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 11:01:24 AM »

prove that right now.

Prove what specifically? That Slade is better armed? That he's physically superior? Or that he's skilled enough for his superior stats to matter?

Nothing I said implied she's not highly intelligent. I don't see intelligence being the difference maker in this fight though.

Elektra cleared the assassin guild by herself.

Are these feats supposed to put Elektra above Deathstroke? Do they put her above Daredevil, Shang-Chi, or Captain America?

Deathstroke is good but stop wanking him, he's pretty much limited when he faces skilled fighters e.g batman, cassandra, dick, his only saving grace against them was his superior stats and gear. Elektra also have killer instincts unlike the heroes .

Do you think Elektra is more formidable than Batman?

This is a terrible argument. You can make a case that Elektra is more skilled than Slade, but that case should be based on comparative skill showings, not on who's studied martial arts the longest.

physically superior and skilled enough. I already listed elektra striking feats, slade doesnt have comparable

Elektra vs Shield Hulkbusters:
https://i.imgur.com/7d0G3nS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VZEezjl.jpg

And while she has punched through body armor before, I think the more stupidly impressive feat is this time she threw her sai into a guys gun so hard it tore his hand off and punched through his body armor and all the way out the back of his torso also apparently knocking him back off his feet.

https://imgur.com/kZRTsbJ

Also when she was dealing with a Hand robot with [/URL]bullet proof armor she was able to throw her Sai with enough force to penetrate it and take it down

https://imgur.com/zbXP8aa

https://imgur.com/ZLmYnA4

Just so it is on record though The punching through body armor incident

https://imgur.com/04zPrBG

stabbing into Red She-Hulk with her Sai

https://imgur.com/li5AIYH

Thrown her Sai also penetrated Red Hulk's neck

https://imgur.com/Huj7QBr

^who asks if the things are made of adamantium

Also on the note of her sai, and so I can test if albums can work with the url as text thing, Her Sai have a synaptic based biometric lock keyed to her nervous system so they can't be used against her and paralyze people who try.

https://imgur.com/a/psxIqPz

I don't know that Slade would try to turn her weapons against her if he got a hold of them, but that is a thing apparently. I need to look on if that is still actually a thing though because this seems like the kind of thing easily forgotten by writers.

Marvel Martial Artists seem to be their own category of superhuman above peak humans, Danny Rand's sister whose whole thing is she's a human with kung fu can hit Demons so hard she tears extremities off. Edit: Woops it was Danny who punched a head off a demon...Miranda just beat the shit out of one. Still though.

I also didn't go into Elektra's bullet timing feats, blocking full auto fire, cutting a bullet in half, back flip kicking a sniper round after escaping Skrull captivity. In Marvel martial arts seems to be like magic, the users don't have to explain shit.

Not to mention in fight with Danny recently in defenders Elektra had the upper advantage until Danny used Chi to put her down