Herochat

Biology-based Population and Gender Group Differences

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Biology-based Population and Gender Group Differences
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 06:20:23 AM »
I'm not sure I understand your implication of urgency? Is there really some burning need to discover if there is a correlation with melanin content or noses designed for low/high humidity and an extra couple of people out of every hundred-thousand being geniuses or idiots?

I'm not so much talking about an urgent push, like going to the moon or anything. Rather, it's more the opposite: stop slowing it down. People are doing the science now, and we are hearing about the results. If people in general had more perspective, then yeah, it wouldn't matter that much one way or the other. However, people are people. They care about this shit. Maybe they shouldn't, but they do.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Biology-based Population and Gender Group Differences
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 07:03:29 AM »
It's definitely a problematic issue, but do we have any choice but to push ahead with the best science we can do?

I'm not sure I understand your implication of urgency? Is there really some burning need to discover if there is a correlation with melanin content or noses designed for low/high humidity and an extra couple of people out of every hundred-thousand being geniuses or idiots?

If there's any urgency, it's that other countries (China) will be researching the genetic basis of intelligence full speed ahead, while we may hold off from doing so because of fears the knowledge will be misused or misinterpreted.

Intelligence is too complex a trait to be tied to any specific gene, but if a gene cluster can be identified that can be manipulated to increase the IQ of the progeny of a person by 10 points, it would be pretty wild.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium