Herochat

Battle of the Week: Predator Month - Terminator vs Predator

Strawman Abridged

• +18/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Week: Predator Month - Terminator vs Predator
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »
I'd imagine any initial confrontation would probably involve the Pred testing the waters by using his fancy toys to snipe at the Term from a high perch, only to eat some return fire. Assuming the Pred can leap way from a round or two of this ( which I think it can, depending oc), I could see it soon deducing there's something not quite right about this curiously sturdy human, be it from the inevitable exposure of his metallic frame in a firefight or its outline blatantly standing out beyond the fleshy exterior in the Pred's thermal vision.

Depends on how the Pred approaches things from there. It could either fight smarter or go for some up-close manly fisticuffs. An experienced Pred might be smart enough to play it cautious. A meathead may try for a hot-blooded SHONEN BRAWL.

Pred 1 would probably get ended in a final fist-fight.

Pred 2 was more willing to bust out the artillery when shit got dicey. Just seemed overall more cunning and pragmatic than the 1st.

Samurai Showdown Pred would just get shot in the balls.

Gree

• +40/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 10:27:10 PM »
New movie is making a roided out hybrid Pred

Negashen

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »
http://www.jamescamerononline.com/SuperTerminators.htm

Depends on which T-800, the ones from T1-T2 get smoked, the ones from T3 and onward smoke the Pred easily.

The Shuruku Demon

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 04:39:02 PM »
I reckon that article downplays the stats of Cameron's T-800s a little too much, but it's certainly right to suggest that they've benefitted from power creep in subsequent films, and the Sarah Connor Chronicles series.

Personally, I was averaging the different T-800 depictions over the years together, while discounting explicitly higher models in the T-800 series, like the T-850 and the T-888s. That still leaves us with the T-800 from Salvation, and the two T-800s in Genisys ("Pops", and the Terminator from the original film, who was stronger than Pops).
https://youtu.be/SW8KIuMV0s4?t=102