Herochat

Star Trek question:

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek question:
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 09:37:32 PM »
In the more ‘current” timeline shown? Not gonna happen on its own. Or super unlikely.

Someone mentioned the Enterprise-D having problems like that after getting infected by an Iconian virus, with another Starfleet infected ship actually shutting down the force field in the shuttle bay like you mentioned, but as I pointed out earlier, any system errors that happen without any type of outside interference was actually originally looked down upon.

Now Voyager was supposed to cover these problems at its original concept- a Fed ship not having the chance for standard maintenance or receiving I’m compatible parts. I think it showed it early on, but was ultimately ignored or conveniently fixed later on, which led one of the show runners, Ron Moore, to take these concept he pushed for and implement it into the reboot of Battlestar Galactica.

I remember something about the bio chips on Voyager being new and possibly be broken or not working properly? Not sure.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »
Actually I remember on Voyager they brought a replacement part for something in there dining room and it was faulty and was causing problems with other systems

MPagar

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 12:58:29 AM »
The bioneural gel were also infected by alien Mac and cheese, I think.

scourge

• +34/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 08:16:06 AM »
In the first Barclay episode, the matter/anti-matter injectors get jammed. That's one. For the record, I'm not doubting that the causes of error are almost entirely external, but there are still interesting technical sounding errors like that. It's not so much the original source of the problem that my op is after, it's these tech sounding issues that can come up with a ship that they then have to figure out how to fix.

The Shuruku Demon

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 08:44:16 AM »
In the TNG season 1 episode, "Lonely Among Us", the Enterprise passed through an energy cloud and was invaded by an energy-based lifeform, which traveled through the ship's systems, causing various malfunctions, and also briefly possessed some members of the crew.

In the TNG season 3 episode, "Evolution", the Enterprise experienced various system malfunctions caused by some nanites which escaped from one of Wesley Crusher's experiments, and congregated within the ship's computer core.

In the TNG season 3 episode, "Hollow Pursuits" (featuring Reg Barclay's debut appearance), a container of invidium was broken in one of the cargo bays. The crew members that handled the broken container were unknowingly contaminated by invidium, and they went on to contaminate the systems they came into contact with as they moved around the ship, leading to various malfunctions, including the matter/anti-matter injectors getting jammed.

In the TNG season 4 episode, "The Drumhead", an explosion in a dilithium chamber hatch in engineering is initially suspected to be the work of a saboteur, but after an investigation, Geordi and Data concluded that it was a result of neutron fatigue, along with a defective hatch cover installed during the ship's last refit.

In the TNG season 6 episode, "A Fistful of Datas", Data and Geordi were attempting to create an interface between the ship's computer and Data's positronic brain, but this inadvertently caused many of the main computer files to be replaced by Data's files, affecting various systems such as the replicators and the holodeck.

scourge

• +34/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 08:49:58 AM »
It won’t let my applaud you more than once, much to my shagrin

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »
Damn Shuruku named the ones I knew off the top of my head from TNG.