Herochat

What wrestlers would you like to see get the Mahal push?

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
What wrestlers would you like to see get the Mahal push?
« on: July 22, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »
The Mahal push meaning, they strap a rocket to your back. A lower to mid card wrestler gets to be thrust into the main event instantly, defeat top star after top star, become world champion, and keep on winning.

Me? I'd like to see what Xavier Woods could do in the main event.

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
Re: What wrestlers would you like to see get the Mahal push?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 08:34:33 AM »
At the risk of you bitching again, i’ll say, Tye Dillinger.

Wealth & Fame he ignores, breaking scourge, is his reward. Look out!

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 09:54:30 AM »
Fucking Balor
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/10/16/show-10-16-18-zach-asks/ (We try out a new challenge to see who can solve some comics scenarios! After that, our rookie fan asks his most recent comic questions)

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 09:58:53 AM »
Why would I be upset with Tye. I like him. He's had it rough both WWE runs. And I think he could do some good things.

And I don't think Balor counts. He got to be Universal champion in his first run. I mean, he got injured and never got his rematch but...he smiles! :)

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »
Fucking Balor

He’s overrated.

Why would I be upset with Tye.
Because he’s a good choice & you aint got no taste...:P
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:05:52 AM by Riv1 »

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:42:47 AM »
Balor is OVERrated? And just like that, my daily quest to find the dumbest wrestling statement I can is already over.

But that's fine. You can think that if you want. Like many NXT/indie stars, the main roster booking has done Balor NO favors. They make him just smile like a goof all the time and lose 70% of his matches because they just see him as an effort guy. But if they would let him off the leash and be a more well-rounded character, he'd be great.

But yeah, if your only exposure to Finn is Monday Night Raw, I could see thinking "what's the big deal here".
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:54:04 AM by Not BAMF »
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/10/16/show-10-16-18-zach-asks/ (We try out a new challenge to see who can solve some comics scenarios! After that, our rookie fan asks his most recent comic questions)

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 12:07:24 PM »
Mojo Rawley, has a very Nikita Koloff vibe, just needs a better gimmick.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »
Rusev

Xavier is an interesting choice if they slowly turn him heel as champion.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 05:24:16 PM »
Rusev

Xavier is an interesting choice if they slowly turn him heel as champion.

Rusev is my choice as well. I think he would be in with a good shot to actually stick longterm at the high level.

Woods is an interesting choice too. His mic skills should be an asset in any major push.
Sig : Sydney Maler

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
Balor is OVERrated? And just like that, my daily quest to find the dumbest wrestling statement I can is already over.

But that's fine. You can think that if you want. Like many NXT/indie stars, the main roster booking has done Balor NO favors. They make him just smile like a goof all the time and lose 70% of his matches because they just see him as an effort guy. But if they would let him off the leash and be a more well-rounded character, he'd be great.

But yeah, if your only exposure to Finn is Monday Night Raw, I could see thinking "what's the big deal here".
Well, first off, suck my dick.

Now, with that out of the way, you cant just blame everything on booking, and say a wrestler is awesome.

Balor hasnt done anything since coming back from injury.
He had a feud w. Wyatt i only remember because it was so bad.
He tried to restart balor club for like 3 seconds.
To his credit he's TRIED to get back in world title contention a few times, and routinely come up short.
Came up short to Rollins for a secondary title, is feuding w. Corbin now (whoopie). 
He’s not a great, or even good, talker, and doesnt even do the demon any more which is at least visually interesting.

You want to blame all that on booking (at some point it becomes the wrestler’s fault, guy), well, then I’VE  just heard the day’s dumbest wrestling statement, to include the dumb shit said by prop. :P

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 02:13:15 AM »
Cesaro

Corbin a good second choice.

Balor has good fire here and there but I'm not much of a fan. His work is too pretty or something. He's not bad by any means.

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 06:05:46 AM »
No he’s not bad, but (through no fault of his own) he blew his shot.

He’s never going to be as red hot as he was when he won the world title, unless the stars align perfectly.
Now, he’s in a not entirely uncomfortable niche, where he’s well liked, puts on good matches, circles the title scene occasionally, but thats it.
And he seems okay w. that, which is why i say he’s overrated, when ppl act like he’s being denied something, or held back or any number of other things.

We praise wrestlers for taking a crap/silly gimmick and running w. it, making it work, getting the fans excited etc., because they put in that extra effort, because they obviously WANT to advance.

Well, we have to do the opposite to wrestlers who DONT put that effort in, who dont have bad gimmicks, who have fan support, who have talent, and yet just coast.

Yeah, bookers will do what bookers will do, but in the end? Its the wrestler who’s going to rise or fall, through their own efforts.   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:07:20 AM by Riv1 »

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 08:07:45 AM »

Well, first off, suck my dick.

Now, with that out of the way, you cant just blame everything on booking, and say a wrestler is awesome.

Balor hasnt done anything since coming back from injury.
To his credit he's TRIED to get back in world title contention a few times, and routinely come up short.
Came up short to Rollins for a secondary title, is feuding w. Corbin now (whoopie). 
He’s not a great, or even good, talker, and doesnt even do the demon any more which is at least visually interesting.

You want to blame all that on booking (at some point it becomes the wrestler’s fault, guy), well, then I’VE  just heard the day’s dumbest wrestling statement, to include the dumb shit said by prop. :P

Uh, are you serious?

-He doesn't book the angles, and Wyat is garbage who has had one good feud ever. Finn was in a stupid angle with Bray pretending HE was Sister Abigail, and that was dead in the water. Balor didn't write it.

-And it got ditched. By the writers. Not him.

-And he is always booked to lose.

-Corbin is a bigger, even more useless piece of shit than Wyatt, so what's Balor supposed to do? He had GREAT matches with Rollins, but always made to lose. By the writers.

-That's subjective, but again... he doesn't get to book when he talks or what he says.

So yeah, guy. Nothing you listed except your subjective "I don't like his mic work" stuff was his fault. Literally everything you listed was "Look at all this shit he's been booked in. HOW IS IT THE BOOKERS' FAULT?!"

I mean... wait... you know it's scripted, right? You know that there are folks backstage that plot all this shit out and tell the talent what to do and say, yes? This isn't brand new to you.

Riv1

• +64/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 08:37:15 AM »
So basically, no matter what argument is used, your response will be ‘booking, durr’.

Have fun w. that.

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 08:43:40 AM »
If the argument is "Look at al this crap he was booked in", then yes, obviously.

I notice you aren't knocking his matchwork. Or his run in NXT. Or his run in Japan. Because those bodies of work are unimpeachable by anyone with a modicum of appreciation for good wrestling.

But yeah, that feud with Bray Wyatt that he apparently wrote all by himself, that WAS pretty bad. Good call.

I also dig how you think he is overrated and people like him too much, but in your reply to pittfox, you said he is just coasting and not getting over. Very sensible stuff, that.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:45:43 AM by Not BAMF »