Herochat

AQUAMAN

80sBaby

• +34/-8
    • View Profile
Re: AQUAMAN
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
Also in JL, he acts like he knows Mera and his lineage. Here, it's like the first time he's meeting het or finding where he truly comes from. Also it looks like he had to take the throne but, if he was known to Atlanteans in JL, I doubt his brother wouldn't have come for him.

Also, they make a point of him getting his trident and armor in JL. If that wasn't some special power-up then it was stupid. This is definitely a retcon, like they're doing with WW.

And I just remembered in BvS, he has a trident on the Luthor email, which also makes no sense lol This movieverse sucks.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »
I don't think they ever called where he went Atlantis in JL. Even if they did I'm pretty sure it's two different places.

It was Atlantis.  It might be two different parts of Atlantis.  The trailer makes it look like Aquaman knows nothing about Atlantis at all.  Of course, trailers tend to pull that stuff.

Also it's not the same trident. It technically wasn't even a trident. It was a five prong weapon. This takes place after JL and is about Them finding the original Atlantis which leads them in search for what I'm guessing is Posiedons trident.

That trident was controlling water, so we know it's not just a plain `ol Atlantean trident.  What was it if it wasn't Poseidon's?

Mera's trident. Like I said it's not the same one he's going after.
https://amp.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/11/17/why_does_aquaman_s_trident_have_five_prongs.html

ProjectCornDog

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
Wrong post
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:59:48 PM by ProjectCornDog »

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 09:47:06 PM »

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »
I don't think they ever called where he went Atlantis in JL. Even if they did I'm pretty sure it's two different places.

It was Atlantis.  It might be two different parts of Atlantis.  The trailer makes it look like Aquaman knows nothing about Atlantis at all.  Of course, trailers tend to pull that stuff.

Also it's not the same trident. It technically wasn't even a trident. It was a five prong weapon. This takes place after JL and is about Them finding the original Atlantis which leads them in search for what I'm guessing is Posiedons trident.

That trident was controlling water, so we know it's not just a plain `ol Atlantean trident.  What was it if it wasn't Poseidon's?

Mera's trident. Like I said it's not the same one he's going after.
https://amp.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/11/17/why_does_aquaman_s_trident_have_five_prongs.html

I said it too. I said it too