Re: AQUAMAN
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
yeah but his fans want wonderbread.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 06:05:29 PM »
Doesn't this reflect his post-Crisis history?  Granted, I'm not sure what Nu52 has done.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 12:13:06 PM »
I'd say he feels like post-crisis/pre-flashpoint Billy with a bit of Nu52 origin.

Nu52 was a jerk though. He really didn't want to bond with his adopted siblings at all. Here he seems a little reluctant but it looks like he will get over that fast.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »
New 5 minute trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWnLiffxJ4&t=3s

They shouldn't have showed so much of the chase scene/Black Manta fight, imo. Same thing with the intro. Hopefully, they're like the MCU and appear to show a lot but really have plenty of more awesome moments in the actual film.

Not sure I'm seeing this opening week, or even in theatres but it doesn't look too bad.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 04:44:12 PM »

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »
New 5 minute trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWnLiffxJ4&t=3s

They shouldn't have showed so much of the chase scene/Black Manta fight, imo. Same thing with the intro. Hopefully, they're like the MCU and appear to show a lot but really have plenty of more awesome moments in the actual film.

Not sure I'm seeing this opening week, or even in theatres but it doesn't look too bad.

Looks kinda cool.  And I'm surprised they're popping out the yellow/green costume.

Also, I'm confused if this takes place before or after Justice League.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »
Look great

Wouldnt had shown the suit let. But guess with Marry poppins, Bumble bee, Deadpool, The will Ferrel sherlock holmes movie all in the few days of each other, they aint taking no changes

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
I'm also confused by when this takes place. I think they're retconning Justice League.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »
Fast 5 already did that chase scene better.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2018, 02:48:50 PM »
What makes everyone think it's before JL or retconning it?

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2018, 03:01:35 PM »
What makes everyone think it's before JL or retconning it?

In JL, Aquaman swims to Atlantis as if he's been there before.  Then he shows up with the Trident in his next scene, implying that either Mera gave it to him or he had it stashed somewhere.  This trailer shows that Aquaman has never been to Atlantis and does not have the Trident.  This all implies this movie takes place before JL.

Meanwhile, Aquaman seems to be taking an active role in defending the surface world in the trailer whereas in the beginning of JL, he was just giving fish to one remote town and leaving it at that.  There's also the costume change at the end of this trailer.  If he gets his gold costume at the end of the movie, it's likely this all takes place after the events of JL.

That's why there's confusion.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2018, 03:14:11 PM »
I don't think they ever called where he went Atlantis in JL. Even if they did I'm pretty sure it's two different places. Also it's not the same trident. It technically wasn't even a trident. It was a five prong weapon. This takes place after JL and is about Them finding the original Atlantis which leads them in search for what I'm guessing is Posiedons trident.

AP

• +112/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »
I don't think they ever called where he went Atlantis in JL. Even if they did I'm pretty sure it's two different places.

It was Atlantis.  It might be two different parts of Atlantis.  The trailer makes it look like Aquaman knows nothing about Atlantis at all.  Of course, trailers tend to pull that stuff.

Also it's not the same trident. It technically wasn't even a trident. It was a five prong weapon. This takes place after JL and is about Them finding the original Atlantis which leads them in search for what I'm guessing is Posiedons trident.

That trident was controlling water, so we know it's not just a plain `ol Atlantean trident.  What was it if it wasn't Poseidon's?

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »
We don’t know if that was Atlantis in Justice League (very likely was), but there is seven kingdoms under the sea including Atlantis. Sure he does know about Atlantis as I bet his mom and dad told him about it. Maybe even warmed him not to go

The trident is no different then aquaman’s various tridents in the comics. He has gone through a few different magical ones that having varying powers even in the new 52. Only his current one he has is Poseidon’s but the other magical ones were made by the first king of Atlantis

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 06:25:17 PM »
Sorry, DCU, I won't get fooled again!

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium