Herochat

Extreme Rules Aka what the f...

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme Rules Aka what the f...
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
The constant crowd counting during the main event...
I read on Bleacher how that was fucked up!

It was what it was. Crowds always try to get themselves over these days.

the best part was after 12 minutes or so of the crowd counting down the last ten seconds of EVERY MINUTE, they took the clock away from the live crowd so we couldn't see it. But the crowd was like "F THAT" and just started counting down every few seconds. It was a mess at that point.

At about 8 minutes left, they put the clock back up, and it was one of the biggest pops of the night.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/10/16/show-10-16-18-zach-asks/ (We try out a new challenge to see who can solve some comics scenarios! After that, our rookie fan asks his most recent comic questions)

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 12:06:31 PM »
Well WWE doesn't give a fuck what the crowd wants.  So why should the crowd care about what WWE wants.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:58 PM »
We are possibly only one month away from the two most awesome ladies being champions. Hallelujah!

I would tolerate the endless reign of Alexa...to get a becky push

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 01:13:59 PM »
Honestly, Alexa really ONLY works as a great heel champ. Carmella could be an all right midcard jobber when her reign is over, but Alexa has nothing to do except be champ.

I was at Extreme Rules last night. It was an okay show; I enjoyed myself. The constant crowd counting during the main event was ridiculous and disrespectful, but amusing in person (I wasn't counting, but after 20 minutes of it, you had to admire the effort).

Oh c'mon. You don't have to have the title to be a great heel. She could feud with another female without it being for the title. You just need to put in the effort in a storyline...which the WWE wouldn't do, but still...

And maybe if the WWE put on a quality show and maybe listened to the fans and threw them a bone instead of smacking them with a stick, the fans would actually enjoy what they see instead of entertaining themselves.

I don't see other wrestling promotions with this problem. I don't see Impact, NJPR, AAA, CMLL, LU or anywhere else that has this problem like the WWE.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 04:30:53 PM »
The people who hate on Bliss are disproportionately hardcore smarks at places like wrestlingforum and squaredcircle. Their idea of a top woman is someone like Nattie or Bayley.

They thought Shelton Benjamin was some kind of missed main eventer. As opposed to what he actually was and is : a career tag and mid card guy that lacks enough outside of ringwork to be any more. They also tend to hate on guys like Miz that are genuinely entertaining.

I'll never understand why people that prefer a more indy feel to their product don't just watch more indy-style offerings. As opposed to expecting the E to transform into one.  ( Not directed at anyone here. )
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:33:05 AM by Imperial »
Sig : Sydney Maler

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »
The people who hate on Bliss are disproportionately hardcore smarks at places like wrestlingforum and squaredcircle. Their idea of a top woman is someone like Nattie or Bayley.

They thought Shelton Benjamin was some kind of missed main eventer. As opposed to what he actually was and is : a career tag and mid card guy that lacks enough outside of ringwork to be any more. They also tend to hate on guys like Miz that are genuinely entertaining.

I'll never understand why people than prefer a more indy feel to their product don't just watch more indy-style offerings. As opposed to expecting the E to transform into one.  ( Not directed at anyone here. )

I dont think a lot of people hate Alexa. She not getting booed in a way Roman Reigns is. Or getting Zero heat like other failed heels. No one playing beachball during her match and shit. But maybe Saying 5 times champion in such a short time...a bit much.

Just maybe give other a chance.  She probally didnt need to win Money in the bank. Storyline speaking it would make since for some other. Maybe Lana and Ruseve both win..you have ms money in the bank. Natty have it and betray her friend. Becky..giving he SOME sort of push..

She just seems like the DEFAULT champ at this point. When WWE dont know what they do with the championship. Maybe they should merge the two women's belt

Imperial

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
The live audiences don't hate Alexa beyond ( some people) wanting to see her character get her ass kicked. Which is fine given she is a heel. Her paying fanbase though seems strong, and her merch support apparently quite healthy. She's even moved in on the little girls market.

Lexi is champ now largely because of Summerslam and it's build. She's great at public appearences, speaking, and media. Nia and Nattie are not. They apparently don't have a lot of confidence in Sasha in that regard either. Hence one reason ( along with her being Flair's daughter ) why they chose Charlotte over Banks a couple of years back at 'Mania to win the new women's title. Even though Sasha was the hotter commodity at the time.

I personally would not have minded Rusev and Lana as Mr. & Mrs.MitB. But the online fans at locals I am talking about hated the idea of Lana in that position even more than they hate Bliss.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:16:31 PM by Imperial »

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 08:17:35 PM »
think they be cool with lana if rusev got the briefcase

since that story will be great story

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 08:42:54 AM »
^^^Rusev took a break last night i guess. Well deserved i’m sure.

Wealth & Fame he ignores, breaking scourge, is his reward. Look out!

Imperial

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 10:56:55 AM »
The way things are shaking out, it doesn't seem likely they will have anything terribly appealing for Rusev at Summerslam. :(

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 10:58:42 AM »
You call a pre-show match against Aiden English "not terrible appealing"?!
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/10/16/show-10-16-18-zach-asks/ (We try out a new challenge to see who can solve some comics scenarios! After that, our rookie fan asks his most recent comic questions)

Imperial

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 04:18:19 PM »
That is such a sucky reward for Rusev. I honestly think the Bulgarian Brute might be main eventer material. At least he merits a trial run to test that theory imo.

Instead, for the second biggest PPV of the year he will involved in a feud that does nothing for him. Or actually hurts him if he loses it.

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
^^^If fucking Taj Mahal guy can get a title run, then yes, Rusev certainly deserves s chance.

Not really the place to ask this, but its the most active thread right now:

Where the fuck are Sheamus & Cesaro? Anyone know?

Wealth & Fame he ignores, breaking scourge, is his reward. Look out!