Herochat

Why did RAW have one of its worst ratings?

Propeus The Fallen

• +31/-6
    • View Profile
Why did RAW have one of its worst ratings?
« on: July 13, 2018, 02:52:39 AM »
1. No World Title. Hey, you know that championship that every single wrestler on RAW should be striving for? It ain't there. It's been months since Lesnar has been seen. He's had the belt for a record amount of time with only ten title defenses. The wrestlers main goal is just not their.

2. Lazy writing. Owens is an idiot coward, another Mojo match, B-Team that only Vince thinks is funny. Heck, they couldn't even bother doing anything with Sasha and Bayley's group therapy. Heck, they couldn't even bother with having Dr. Shelby. And when they did, they did practically nothing with him. It's just paint by the number. Even Braun is falling into this where he felt unique now he's being brought down to the same stupidity as everyone else. And as much as I don't like Jinder--he's back to the "peace" garbage he was doing on RAW before he went to Smackdown and got the mega push that would have gotten nearly anyone else on the roster over. I'm just saying...when Michael Cole dissed
Vanguard 1...you damn well better believe Vince Russo would have had a drone after Michael Cole!

3. The roster sucks. During the draft, I expected Smackdown to get gutted but they ended up with the better roster. The tag division is a gazillion times better, the women's division is better, even the main event is better.  Again, a world title to compete against. And a strong roster helps the bookers because Road Dog was horrible pre-draft but now there's stuff to work with.

Commentary: Okay, I'm someone to smack the hell out of Cory Graves. I'm just so damn sick of him talking over everyone. Also--you're a heel commentator. Support all the damn heels. I don't know WTF is going on with him and Elias back in NXT and no one else really gives a crud. Coach has come down with Jim Ross daydreaming and not knowing what the hell is going on and Cole--yeah, we've gone over this before. At least on Smackdown Graves sticks with the heels.

Roman Reigns. They've tried to push him as the main star for going on four years and the fans have just rejected him. And it's not all his fault. He's been booked like a nimrod. Take two weeks ago when he wouldn't tag Lashley and got his butt kicked by the Revival: making him a jerk and a dummy. You have guys they could push: Seth Rollins has been killing it and the fans love Braun. But that's about it. Just look at poor Finn Balor.  He's a smiling jackass.

Social Media. There is just way more stuff to do when RAW gets boring.

Riv1

• +62/-1052
  • but doctor i am pagliacci
    • View Profile
Re: Why did RAW have one of its worst ratings?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:26:32 AM »
Most of that makes perfect sense.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 10:45:25 PM »
The sad part is don't expect shit to change since they got that billion dollars deal from fox. 

Riv1

• +62/-1052
  • but doctor i am pagliacci
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 12:28:42 AM »
Here’s an idea.

Retire the Universal Title right out from under lesnar.
Its only had a handful of ppl hold it, so not a huge loss, and AJ Styles becomes the one true WWE Champion.

That would of course mean, undo the brand split.

You’d have a ready made storyline for tag and women’s title unification, and those scenes would be deepened exponentially.
OR, keep things as they are, with all the titles/wrestlers able to jump shows (New Japan has like 1/10th the number of wrestlers and they mange to have a tag title, a junior tag title, a trios title, 3 midcard singles titles and a junior singles).

And yeah, fuck lesnar.

Propeus The Fallen

• +31/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 01:24:59 AM »
The sad part is don't expect shit to change since they got that billion dollars deal from fox.

Well, that's another thing: The fans don't matter anymore.

Vince has more money than he can do with. The Fox deal the oil money from the Saudi Prince. He doesn't have to listen to anything the fans want. Hell, he just invested half a billion dollars in the XFL relaunch. What little say we had is gone. It's what the crazy old guy wants now and if doesn't work...eh. He doesn't care.

Which is one reason I hate hearing the WWE going after Rey Mysterio, The Young Bucks, and Kenny Omega. It's just taking away wrestlers from promotions that do have to listen to the fans, that do have to do what they can to make money because they're not entitled like the WWE has become.