Herochat

Friday the 13th battle: Jason Voorhees vs Victor Crowley

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-7
    • View Profile
Friday the 13th battle: Jason Voorhees vs Victor Crowley
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
VS.

• Zombie Jason (from Friday the 13th Parts VI-X) versus the antagonist of the Hatchet films.

• Standard gear (machete for Jason, hatchet for Crowley).

• Fight takes place in Honey Island Swamp.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:44:20 PM by The Shuruku Demon »

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th battle: Jason Voorhees vs Victor Crowley
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »
It does give Crowley home field advantage

I may be inclined to lean Crowley's way TBH. He's in Jason's league as far as strength goes in my opinion and from what I've seen he recovers more quickly from damage. Jason probably soaks it better, but he doesn't recover as quickly and that may allow Crowley to whittle him down little by little.

Although, I think Crowley only appears at night so then if Jason can last till morning, he probably wins by default.

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:16:54 PM »
I picked Honey Island Swamp as the battlefield because it occurred to me that as a ghost, Crowley's existence/power might to tied to that location, and I didn't want to risk nerfing him by setting the fight somewhere else. On the Hodder hand, Jason will be at full strength regardless.

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »
On the Hodder hand....

ha! you're good people

I do like how Hatchet seems to take place in a shared horror movie universe. makes me wonder if Crowley's dad isn't ol' Elias Voorhees under another name

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 04:52:09 PM »
I see what you did there.

HJ how would FVJ Jason handle this guy?

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 04:52:37 PM »
On the Hodder hand....

ha! you're good people

I do like how Hatchet seems to take place in a shared horror movie universe. makes me wonder if Crowley's dad isn't ol' Elias Voorhees under another name

Shared U? What you mean?

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 05:39:11 PM »
I see what you did there.

HJ how would FVJ Jason handle this guy?

He'd dominate him, but Crowley may whittle him down in time. it's a tough one

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 05:45:54 PM »
On the Hodder hand....

ha! you're good people

Shared U? What you mean?

okay, Hatchet 2 showed us that two movies, Frozen (not THAT Frozen) and Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon both took place in the same universe as Hatchet.

Behind The Mask also mentions Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, Chucky, and I think Leatherface at some point as well as Leslie's mentor Eugene mentioning that there's always some goof out there who starts out killing but only gets one outing, meaning virtually any slasher movie takes place here. The director has also come out as saying that Eugene is actually the killer from the original 70s version of Black Christmas

Then throw in other references like Bride of Chucky basically backing up some of those points with the evidence locker at the start of that movie and even hinting at Hellraiser.

Jason Goes To Hell likewise has the Necronomicon from the Evil Dead series in it (like the literal book), and Jason's niece Jessica seems to to be wielding a Kandarian dagger to use against Jason.

Not to mention the crate from....well the Crate segment in Creepshow is in there, which to me means that alot of Stephen King adaptations are game for this as well.

It's something I've been wanting to elaborate on for years and years, about what goes where and what not, and you could even possibly work in the old Hammer and Universal monster series if you really work at it. I know there's a line in Hammer's The Revenge of Frankenstein where Baron Frankenstein mentions there are relatives all over Europe, even a town called Frankenstein which is what the town was called in the Universal series.

Hell you might be able to work in the Showa era Godzilla stuff via Frankenstein when you think about it......

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 06:27:32 PM »
On the Hodder hand....

ha! you're good people

Shared U? What you mean?

okay, Hatchet 2 showed us that two movies, Frozen (not THAT Frozen) and Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon both took place in the same universe as Hatchet.

Behind The Mask also mentions Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, Chucky, and I think Leatherface at some point as well as Leslie's mentor Eugene mentioning that there's always some goof out there who starts out killing but only gets one outing, meaning virtually any slasher movie takes place here. The director has also come out as saying that Eugene is actually the killer from the original 70s version of Black Christmas

Then throw in other references like Bride of Chucky basically backing up some of those points with the evidence locker at the start of that movie and even hinting at Hellraiser.

Jason Goes To Hell likewise has the Necronomicon from the Evil Dead series in it (like the literal book), and Jason's niece Jessica seems to to be wielding a Kandarian dagger to use against Jason.

Not to mention the crate from....well the Crate segment in Creepshow is in there, which to me means that alot of Stephen King adaptations are game for this as well.

It's something I've been wanting to elaborate on for years and years, about what goes where and what not, and you could even possibly work in the old Hammer and Universal monster series if you really work at it. I know there's a line in Hammer's The Revenge of Frankenstein where Baron Frankenstein mentions there are relatives all over Europe, even a town called Frankenstein which is what the town was called in the Universal series.

Hell you might be able to work in the Showa era Godzilla stuff via Frankenstein when you think about it......

So Cabin In The Woods may have been on to something?

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
sure but in my continuity Evil Ed from Fright Night kills the Fool just as the old gods are waking up....then turns the redhead into a vampire and escapes with the giant bat and Nightmare the clown

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 01:32:33 PM »
Hatchet II included a direct reference to Jason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ErIRLGjg

Freddy's gloved hand also appears at the end of Jason Goes to Hell, and his glove is hanging above the door of the toolshed in Evil Dead II.

Apparently, Don Mancini (the creator of Chucky, and writer or co-writer on all the films), has spoken to New Line Cinema about the possibility of a Freddy/Chucky crossover, with the working title of Child's Play on Elm Street. The plot would involve Freddy and Chucky competing to see who could notch up more kills within the town of Springwood. Unknown if it'll happen, but he's said it's "cool and doable".

An arguable contradiction to the idea of a massive, shared horror universe though is the fact that we've seen older horror films being played on TV in newer ones -- Nancy watching The Evil Dead in the first Nightmare for example, or Tiffany watching Bride of Frankenstein in Bride of Chucky -- implying that the earlier films are just movies in those universes.

Although in Seed of Chucky, there was a film-within-a-film under production called Chucky Goes Psycho, loosely based on the events of Bride of Chucky, which was considered an urban legend by the filmmakers. So you could theorise that other horror characters gained enough notoriety to have films made about them within a shared universe.

Don't ask me to rationalise Scream 2 being played on TV in Halloween: H20 though, considering that Halloween and the other iconic horror franchises pretty clearly are just movies in the Scream universe.

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »
I tend to ignore when they're watching movies on TV.

It's like when they watch Puppet Master II in Demonic Toys, then years later those two franchises go to battle with each other.

It's just a nod....which technically so are the references to other movies, but it's not near as fun to discuss.

I just remembered one. in Sleepaway Camp 3, Angela and a few other campers are fishing and fish a hockey mask out of the lake in New Jersey they're at.

"Hey what's today's date?"

"Saturday the 14th."

Of course Sleepaway Camp 2 had references to Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface too....which if you want to rationalize in universe both Jason and Leatherface have a degree of infamy along the lines of their worlds. Jason's 'death' at the start of Jason Goes To Hell was pretty big news, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was considered one of the most disturbing crimes in U.S. history

as for the Freddy reference, maybe the kid was from Springwood.

Which also reminds of that Wes Craven movie Deadly Friend, where the main character saves Kristy Swanson by putting the chip of his robot in her head. He also has some very Nightmare on Elm Street type dreams (apparently the producers wanted that) in it, and the ending of the robot pulling off Kristy Swanson's face and attacking him...well to me that seems like a nightmare. and since the town to my knowledge is never named....maybe it's Springwood.

Same as Saturday the 14th, where there's a book of demons where the creatures get loose. All this apparently happens on an Elm Street which has a house which looks ALOT like the one from Nightmare....even though Saturday the 14th was released about 3-4 years before the first Nightmare on Elm Street. Hey, maybe the Dream Demons came from that book a few years earlier to make contact with Krueger.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 10:55:52 PM »
Crowley is pretty ridiculously powerful

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 12:21:16 AM »
Are the hatchet sequels streaming on anything?

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 07:31:23 AM »
Are the hatchet sequels streaming on anything?

They were, but I don't think they're on either Netflix or Hulu right now (the only services I have), but I wouldn't really waste my time. Hatchet 2 isn't very good IMO, 3's okay I guess. Not sure if Victor Crowley is even out yet.