Herochat

1989 Batman vs Joker (Dark Knight movie)

ultrabender

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
1989 Batman vs Joker (Dark Knight movie)
« on: July 10, 2018, 10:46:39 AM »
The 1989 Tim Burton movie Batman has to deal with the 2008 Dark Knight movie Joker in Gotham City.  Who wins!.

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
Re: 1989 Batman vs Joker (Dark Knight movie)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »
If it's a matter of tracking down the Joker and bringing him to justice, I think the 80s/90s Batman could do it.  He had some insane tech such as computer guided batarangs and he also had some weird deductive feats such as when he discovered Riddler's identity.  Between his detective skills and tech, I think he could take this.

HalloweenJack

• +30/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »
yeah, Joker'd be a different animal than what that version of Bats is used to (I.E. he's not real gimmicky...well not flashy gimmicky, let's say that) but Bats has the resources

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
Yeah, Bats FTW.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

beatboks

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 08:26:49 AM »
The plot line that Dark Knights Batman wouldnt kill Joker is sonewhat against him. 88 Batman had no problem dropping his Joker from the top of a building. Hell if Comic Batman killed adversaries as often as the 89 series Batman Gothem would be the safest place in the DCU as no crims would be left.

Which makes one wonder why modern movie Bats was wanted/hunted when 90s Bats wasnt

beatboks

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 08:49:06 AM »
In case anyone forgets

In 1989 Batman he kills Joker by harpooning a gargoyle to his leg so he drops to his death

In 92s Batman returns he pushed Penguie into a vat of toxic chemicals

In 95s Batman Forever he throws heaps of coins when twoface is flipping hus coin so he falls to his death AND shock therapy fries the Riddlers brain.

The only damn movie he left his enemies alive in was Batman and Robin in which he locked Poison Ivy in the same cell as Mr Freeze AFTER making Freeze aware that it was Ivy who tried to kill his wife and that Bats had saved her.

I'd say this makes the odds against modern Joker (or any villain vs 90s movie Batman)

Punisher doesnt even have that brutal a movie record

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 08:55:56 AM »
89 Bats also dumped one guy down the bell tower.
Cant recall if he dropped the bell in top of him for good measure, but i think he did.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 09:49:56 AM »
In case anyone forgets

In 1989 Batman he kills Joker by harpooning a gargoyle to his leg so he drops to his death

In 95s Batman Forever he throws heaps of coins when twoface is flipping hus coin so he falls to his death AND shock therapy fries the Riddlers brain.

The only damn movie he left his enemies alive in was Batman and Robin in which he locked Poison Ivy in the same cell as Mr Freeze AFTER making Freeze aware that it was Ivy who tried to kill his wife and that Bats had saved her.

I'd say this makes the odds against modern Joker (or any villain vs 90s movie Batman)

I always saw the Joker and Two-Face deaths as accidents.

beatboks

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »
In case anyone forgets

In both cases Bats took a direct action that caused them. He also never did anything to prevent them from dying. Bats from Dark knight wtc would have died to save them. I mean seriously je could fire a wirepoon to snare Joker to a statue and prevent him flying away but to to secure him from his fall??

Clearly movie Bats of the era was not driven by the same moral code

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »
89 Bats also dumped one guy down the bell tower.
Cant recall if he dropped the bell in top of him for good measure, but i think he did.

He did.

He also stuck a bomb in a henchman's pants and threw him over a railing in Batman Returns. He was about as psychotic as DCEU Bats.

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 05:30:52 PM »
You’re right, he was really casually violent.
And thanks for confirming my shitty old man recollection!

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 07:55:52 PM »
In case anyone forgets

In both cases Bats took a direct action that caused them. He also never did anything to prevent them from dying. Bats from Dark knight wtc would have died to save them. I mean seriously je could fire a wirepoon to snare Joker to a statue and prevent him flying away but to to secure him from his fall??

There wasn't much that could be done for eithe rJoker or Two-Face.  Bats killed plenty of other people but I never really pinned those two on him.

beatboks

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »
In case anyone forgets

There wasn't much that could be done for eithe rJoker or Two-Face.  Bats killed plenty of other people but I never really pinned those two on him.

Your missing my point I think. Look at what Bale Batman did to save lives. Gordon's kid, Joker himslef. He'd dive headlong into an almost death situation just to save a life, ANY life. Keaton/Kilmer Bats it was more like "ohh I killed a scumbag ? Mehh"

The fact that Bale would do anything to protect life and was as Ledger himslef stated "truly incoruptable" became a character trait that Ledger Joker played on and relied on. If he plays those angles on Keating/Kilmer Batman he'd be screwed.

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 12:25:40 AM »
^^^You’re right.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »
In case anyone forgets

Your missing my point I think. Look at what Bale Batman did to save lives. Gordon's kid, Joker himslef. He'd dive headlong into an almost death situation just to save a life, ANY life. Keaton/Kilmer Bats it was more like "ohh I killed a scumbag ? Mehh"

The fact that Bale would do anything to protect life and was as Ledger himslef stated "truly incoruptable" became a character trait that Ledger Joker played on and relied on. If he plays those angles on Keating/Kilmer Batman he'd be screwed.

No, I got your point.  I was commenting on Joker and Two-Face's deaths is all.