Herochat

Ready player one redux (Build it)

scourge

• +37/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Ready player one redux (Build it)
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »
Shit is smokin'. I've gotta imagine MacGuyver and Dr. Manhattan are going to upgrade Mega Man.

scourge

• +37/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 12:16:31 PM »
Here are a bunch of characters that I’ve enjoyed over the years (the seeming thrust of the idea of RP1) and would like to think would be pretty damn good in this sort of confrontation.

Elite Top Tier
We have one that we swap in for right? This is who I’m swapping in for. Give me the Riker treatment, Q.

Top Tier
Frau Totekinder
Magical might, has eons of experience, excels at gathering info on the enemy, all that.

Upper Mid Tier
Jean Grey
Battle savvy superhero w/ loads of psi power. A good way of dealing with more physical opponents is to put the ol mental whammy on them. She links the team’s minds and allows for synergy of ideas on an untold of level etc.

Mid Tier
John Constantine
He’s part of the brains, and the magic, and the plans, and the cool. You said Vertigo counts separately, but he also is in DC so much that if you want me to swap him out, no problemo.

Street
Ender Wiggins
Here’s the thing… I’m not the leader. This kid is. And if there’s a path to victory, he’ll figure it out. The collective strategy along with Totenkinder and Constantine circling through his head, along with him through theirs all facilitated by Jean Grey will be amazing. I’ll prob just Q-him up a super mech suit or something to make him capable of getting into the fight should he need. But really my Q talents are at his and the rest of the team's disposal.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:22:39 PM by scourge »

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »
Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

Doc and Q may be too powerful.

Don’t forget to pick a character for you guys

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 02:19:18 PM »
Doc Manhattan is godlike in Watchmen where there are no super powers but as has been shown on numerous battle boards, his powers are not that far removed from the likes of Molecule Man or The Doctor.  I've seen compelling arguments that Silver Surfer or any number of magic users in comics can beat him.

scourge

• +37/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »
Every elite top tier pick in this thread save Skel’s has been an all powerful reality warper...I mean I agree, you’re right that these guys are prob too powerful, I’m just going with others definitions of what elite top tier seem to be here. Also moreover, I’m a big TNG fan, So I wanted to give it some ❤️ ... plus I think I’d be good at being a Q

But I’ll think on a swap pick
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:40:42 PM by scourge »

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 05:17:10 PM »
Finally, some builds to enjoy. :D

Every elite top tier pick in this thread save Skel’s has been an all powerful reality warper...I
Just realzed what you said there.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:02:49 AM by Riv1 »

scourge broke first

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 12:57:43 AM »
TEAM ALMIGHTY THEN

Elite Top Tier
Bruce Nolan (Bruce Almighty)

Top Tier
The Grim Reaper (In Living Color)

Upper Mid Tier
Stanley Ipkiss (The Mask)

Mid Tier
The Grinch (How The Grinch Stole Christmas)

Street
Ace Ventura (Ace Ventura Pet Detective)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:01:13 AM by Riv1 »

scourge broke first

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 10:46:57 AM »
I always have difficulties picking non-comic stuff

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 04:53:11 PM »
I always have difficulties picking non-comic stuff
Comics are always my go-to because I don’t have to think as hard about each role, since they’re what I know best AND I wouldn’t have to explain my picks too much. Case in point: I started to bounce around a team of “mimics”; Taskmaster, Exiles Mimic, Nico Minoru, folks like that, but realized they’re all comics-related. Came up with something better, anyway.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 07:57:14 PM »
That’s my issue I don’t have to think as hard and know their capabilities more

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 10:19:34 PM »
Team "Just Here to Make the 'Hero' Look Good While We Are/Wear Green" (that's a 2-fer)

Elite Top Tier: Martian Manhunter (DC Comics)
- Want to know how powerful a bad guy is in DC? Have him job out Martian Manhunter. That way, we know he/she/it is dangerous... but not too dangerous for Superman to beat by punching.

Top Tier: Piccolo (DBZ)
- Literally the only reason he's still around is so that the latest threat looks good enough to fight (and then get beat up by) Goku. That's all he's done since... forever. Yep...

Upper Mid Tier: Dragonzord (piloted by The Green Ranger)
- The worst part is how much cooler the Dragonzord is compared to the Megazord. But guess what? He's still playing 2nd fiddle to The Megazord.

Mid-tier: The Green Ranger (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers)
- So much promise, squandered because the Red Ranger is always the fucking leader, even while we ALL know Tommy >>> Jason. Whatever.

Street Level: Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
- The EPITOME of "2nd banana", Luigi's exploits pale in comparison to his older, shorter, double-named brother, Mario. Fighting ghosts with a vacuum? FOH with that bullshit, you overly-tall goof.

===========================================
I'd take Martian Manhunter as my avatar. At least I'd DO something with his powers. It's too bad we can't link images anymore; I'd found pictures and a couple of gifs of each character getting his ass kicked.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 12:04:32 AM »
Team Forever

Elite Top Tier: The Emperor of Mankind (Warhammer 40K)
- Fucking RIDICULOUS "psyker" (mind-magic reality warping shit). A staggering intellect, possessing incredible scientific prowess and unparalleled cunning, his psychic presence can be felt from virtually any point in the galaxy and quite literally serves as the focal point for the galactic navigation of the entire Imperium of mankind. As a Perpetual (re: immortal and will be re-born if he's somehow killed) he has been alive for 20,000 years or so, pulling strings and influencing mankind until it was time to exert his will and take control of Terra (Earth). Enacting the Great Crusade to find his lost "sons", The Primarchs, and reunite the scattered remnants of mankind across the stars, he is the single most powerful "mortal" to have ever lived.

Top Tier: The Immortal (Image)
- The basic "brick" package, but tacked on with an incredible regeneration/healing factor and longevity, The Immortal is a hero that has been a part of Earth's history for as long as recorded history has existed (discovered North America, is/was Abraham Lincoln, etc.). He's a part of the world's past, present and future, fighting the good fight and all of that jazz.

Upper Mid Tier: Alucard (Castlevania)
- The son of Dracula and the mortal woman Maria, Adrian Fahrenheit Tepes aka Alucard, is an immortal (or at least, extremely slow-aging) half vampire. Possessed of a great amount of arcane knowledge and sharing many of the abilities of his father, Alucard is a fearsome and powerful warrior against the powers of the supernatural and evil.

Mid Tier: Norman (Mighty Max)
- Immortal warrior who's exploits are responsible for many of the Earthly mythical tales (Samson, Hercules, Thor, etc.), he is the sworn protector of "The Cap Bearer". An accomplished warrior, brave and fearless...unless it involves spiders!

Street: 'The Immortal' Hulk Hogan (WWE)
- He's the greatest that's ever done it, Mean Gene. He pressed Andre 'The Giant' overhead and slammed him to the canvas pinning him for the 1...2...3. With the training, the prayers and the vitamins, he's damn-near a force of nature, dude. His 24" pythons, the largest arms in the universe, will run wild over anybody! WHATCHAGONNADO, BROTHER!?!?!?

==============================

I'll take The Immortal's powerset. Pretty hard to fuck up anything by using any of his powers, I'll just allow the Emperor to point me in the direction of anything that needs to be punched by me.

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »
Team "Just Here to Make the 'Hero' Look Good While We Are/Wear Green" (that's a 2-fer)

Elite Top Tier: Martian Manhunter (DC Comics)
- Want to know how powerful a bad guy is in DC? Have him job out Martian Manhunter. That way, we know he/she/it is dangerous... but not too dangerous for Superman to beat by punching.

Top Tier: Piccolo (DBZ)
- Literally the only reason he's still around is so that the latest threat looks good enough to fight (and then get beat up by) Goku. That's all he's done since... forever. Yep...

Upper Mid Tier: Dragonzord (piloted by The Green Ranger)
- The worst part is how much cooler the Dragonzord is compared to the Megazord. But guess what? He's still playing 2nd fiddle to The Megazord.

Mid-tier: The Green Ranger (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers)
- So much promise, squandered because the Red Ranger is always the fucking leader, even while we ALL know Tommy >>> Jason. Whatever.

Street Level: Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
- The EPITOME of "2nd banana", Luigi's exploits pale in comparison to his older, shorter, double-named brother, Mario. Fighting ghosts with a vacuum? FOH with that bullshit, you overly-tall goof.

===========================================
I'd take Martian Manhunter as my avatar. At least I'd DO something with his powers. It's too bad we can't link images anymore; I'd found pictures and a couple of gifs of each character getting his ass kicked.
^^^thats hella inventive, nicely done!
I was playing w. sonething similar, a sidekicks one. Yours is great, though really.

That’s my issue I don’t have to think as hard and know their capabilities more
I like thinking hard doing builds; there’s usually SO many ways you can go w. one!

scourge broke first

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 01:05:07 AM »
Elite Top Tier
Blind Io (Disc World)

Top Tier
Lady Miyako (Akira)

Upper Mid Tier
Geordi LaForge (Star Trek TNG)