Herochat

Ant-man and Wasp (spoilers) discussion

ProjectCornDog

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
Re: Ant-man and Wasp (spoilers) discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
Great film, I loved how much Hank Pym we got!

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2018, 07:56:32 AM »
Finally got to watch this.

A totally fun & enjoyable popcorn ride.

I was cringing when they finally brought Janet back. I was seriously waiting for that cliched & "unexpected" death scene.
Even as the end of the film neared, I was expecting her to be tragically killed & I'm glad for the syrupy sweet ending...even if it doesn't fit the Marvel norm.

Only thing I kept scratching my head over was why did the lab have to be stored inside a ten storey building?
The lab itself looked to only take up at least 2 maybe 3 storeys.
Or why they didn't keep it miniaturised the whole time whilst working inside...instead of constantly taking up an entire neighbourhood block???

The seagulls had me in hysterics!

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2018, 10:03:33 AM »
Each individual probably wasn't designed to be miniaturized.

The math and science involved with doing the experiment while mini would probably be drastically different and they were already way ahead the other way.

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »
from The Daily Beast

"Instead of helping Ava find a way to cope (and not necessarily eradicate) her disability, the film seeks to provide a cure. It does so with its own version of “white science,” a term coined by author Carol Clover in her psychoanalytic exploration of horror films, Men, Women, and Chainsaws. It refers to anything considered to be “Western traditional medicine,” usually dispensed or controlled by a white man. The quantum realm functions as this film’s white science, a magical but wholly scientific world discovered by Hank Pym. Once she is freed from the realm, Janet offers to save Ava by transferring her quantum energy into her. She lays her hands on Ava—a technique often associated with tent revival preachers who “cured” poor, afflicted people by touch—and saves the woman through scientific technology.

One could say Janet’s benevolence absolves Hank of his sins [of white privilege], or posits her as a white savior for this disabled woman of color, but it’s unclear whether any of that is directly coded into the film."

Wow!  Totally wasn't looking at that angle of the movie. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Riv1

• +69/-1061
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »
^^^Because its retarded.

So, good for you, really. :P

scourge broke first

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2018, 06:26:50 PM »
Holy balls, combined the Charlie Brown fiasco the strawman argument has ascended to new heights.