Herochat

Ant-man and Wasp (spoilers) discussion

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Re: Ant-man and Wasp (spoilers) discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2018, 08:01:10 AM »
It was certainly much better handled than the second "Pirates Of The Caribbean" movie, where there was absolutely no reason Jack and Will couldn't work together.

Yeah, the writers wanted that three-way sword fight.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2018, 02:09:48 AM »
It was certainly much better handled than the second "Pirates Of The Caribbean" movie, where there was absolutely no reason Jack and Will couldn't work together.

Yeah, the writers wanted that three-way sword fight.

Jack: "I want the heart of Davy Jones so I can kill him and take over the Flying Dutchman!"
Will: "I want the heart of Davy Jones so I can force him to release my father from being enslaved on the Flying Dutchman!"

And never, NOT ONCE, did they discuss the possibility of Jack killing Davy Jones, taking over the Flying Dutchman, and then releasing Will's father and anyone else who didn't want to be there; which you know he would do, since Jack's whole thing is freedom and he can't stand seeing people be slaves.
Truten forever!

80sBaby

• +31/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »
They wanted to play it like Will didn't trust Jack but that's stupid considering he was loyal, to the point of risking death to protect Sparrow, in the beginning of the movie.

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:30 PM »
Yeah, but THREE WAY SWORDFIGHT. Did I mention a chunk takes place on a water wheel? THAT BREAKS LOOSE AND TRAMPLED THROUGH THE JUNGLE!?

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2018, 09:19:38 PM »
THAT BREAKS LOOSE AND TRAMPLED THROUGH THE JUNGLE!?

Let's not forget the bank in the last one that was designed with wheels so you can drag the whooole building down the street...

Uhtceare

• +18/-8
    • View Profile

scourge

• +34/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 09:26:03 AM »
Just watched it and damn do they know what they’re doing at Marvel. They keep the brand strong as to the “white” science—it doesn’t bother me. This isn’t an exclusive idea in Marvel the last movie they put out, the super scientist everyone went to for help was a black woman from Africa.

The relationships were good, the tension was good. Yes Ghost was making “dumb” moves in a way in that open communication would been better but Mercury is in retrograde and she also wasn’t in her right mind. Bill didn’t go to Hank bc he didn’t trust him and there was no relationship there at first.

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2018, 07:20:56 AM »
Yep. Ghost and Bill didn’t trust Hank, so they made a plan based on stealing from him.

When Hank learned of the plan, he refused to help because it could kill Janet.

Bill slowly changes his mind, but Ghost is dying and not acting rationally. So she continues attacking and moving forward with the plan.

scourge

• +34/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2018, 11:51:23 AM »
I’ll be honest—the only thing where I was like, “really?!” And couldn’t suspend disbelief was that Janet’s make-up was perfect after 30 years in the quantum zone. I know it gave her powers and all but she should be a stinky mess

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »
The quantum energy Scott was gathering will surely be used in Avengers 4 in some way.

NeoGreenLantern

• +88/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »
I’ll be honest—the only thing where I was like, “really?!” And couldn’t suspend disbelief was that Janet’s make-up was perfect after 30 years in the quantum zone. I know it gave her powers and all but she should be a stinky mess

Would she smell though? Isn't most of our stench caused by bacterial growth and if so wouldn't she we would much smaller than the bacteria.

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »

Would she smell though? Isn't most of our stench caused by bacterial growth and if so wouldn't she we would much smaller than the bacteria.

I’d imagine some bacteria was naturally on her inside her suit when she shrunk.

Interesting part is that she evolved beyond needing the suit apparently. As Hank has said, you need that suit to avoid going nutso from the Pym Particle energies.

Also, some people have said a distant city may be in the background as they start ascending out of the quantum realm. Janet has likely seen insane shit for decades.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2018, 10:08:47 PM »
How did Scott mail the suit back home? He was captured at the airport

When he got the old suit back why did he keep using the glitchy new suit?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:14:53 PM by -K-M- »

NeoGreenLantern

• +88/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2018, 11:46:32 PM »
They used the one part of the old suit to build the tracker. I assumed they never had a chance to out the suit back together.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »
Didn’t seem to take them long to build the tracker, so wouldn’t have taken them long to disssemble it

Later Pymmade a new way to track the lab, so he didn’t need the old suit anymore. Movie ruined.

Actually I liked it, just those two points made me scratch my head