Herochat

Immortal Hulk

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Hulk
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »
This was actually a great read...except for people not recognizing Bruce Banner immediately,or the Hulk!the bikers,& the shooter all said he was "big,& green!??" there's should be no way they don't know what the Hulk looks like at this point in Marvel history!

In the MU, "big and green coyld be the Abomination, Skar, She-Hulk, Super Skrull, etc. There's no reason to assume its THE Hulk. Especially since everyone thinks he's dead.
Except there's a big difference between all of those green folk,and THE HULK!...who everyone should immediately recognize,regardless of his having "died"..imo

I think you're overestimating how focused someone is while scared for their lives.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 02:14:04 PM »
This was actually a great read...except for people not recognizing Bruce Banner immediately,or the Hulk!the bikers,& the shooter all said he was "big,& green!??" there's should be no way they don't know what the Hulk looks like at this point in Marvel history!

In the MU, "big and green coyld be the Abomination, Skar, She-Hulk, Super Skrull, etc. There's no reason to assume its THE Hulk. Especially since everyone thinks he's dead.
Except there's a big difference between all of those green folk,and THE HULK!...who everyone should immediately recognize,regardless of his having "died"..imo

I think you're overestimating how focused someone is while scared for their lives.
no i just think i would remember a giant green guy that has been on tv for years,tearing up places,fighting monsters,gods,superheroes etc,when seeing him up close,& personal.

Upper_Krust

• +22/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 03:47:30 PM »
I'm happy for you, different people like different books, I got no problem with that.

If you want to read a sitcom Big Bang Thor-ry style Thor with a cowardly, cuckolded Thor then Aaron's most recent relaunch is the ticket.

Patronizing me -and- the product, -and- TBBT, -and- the writer. Nicely done!

I'll happily apologize to you (my last post reads a tad more harsh than it was intended), some people like it, I strongly dislike it. We'll leave it at that.

Oh and FWIW I love the TBBT...I just don't want a Thor in the mold of Sheldon Cooper...as funny as that might be.

I vaguely remember 'back in the day' that crossover impacts on main titles were handled a bit more organically or even not at all.
It was a lot easier to do that when the events werent so pervasive.
[/quote]

I think a string of bad crossover Events has further soured things.

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »
Sheldon’s more of a Flash, i agree!

And man, do i agree on the souring re: the bad events. They literally got me to stop collecting Marvel titles for several years.

scourge broke first

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »
So is Hulk speaking, does he remember the events of Sakaar through Doc Green? Or is this the Brooding - "Rarghhh" monster?

Hulk is speaking a lot. He's extremely intelligent (he's at least genius-level according to Banner) but also extraordinarily brutal and monstrously calculating. Somewhere between the more sadistic portrayals of Joe Fixit and the Punisher personality wise so far basically.

No idea if he remembers the events of Sakaar, not sure why you'd expect those to come up in the first two issues of a fresh title launch. I've no doubt Al Ewing remembers though, he's a continuity buff and has already included some incredibly obscure Hulk continuity references in the first couple of issues.

Cheers.

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »
no i just think i would remember a giant green guy that has been on tv for years,tearing up places,fighting monsters,gods,superheroes etc,when seeing him up close,& personal.

To be fair Hulk did pretty much ninja the group, not sure many if any of them got a clear sight apart from the one he crippled and put into a coma who obviously isn't talking any time soon.

But I do get what you mean and I'm glad Ewing isn't going to drag out the "is Hulk back?" thing for too long judging by the solicits for the next few issues.

Cheers.

Upper_Krust

• +22/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 12:08:30 PM »
Sheldon’s more of a Flash, i agree!

He'd do a better job than the JL movie Flash.

And man, do i agree on the souring re: the bad events. They literally got me to stop collecting Marvel titles for several years.

6 years and counting for me (on new Marvel books, got some great Frank Miller Daredevil collections last year).

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
So is Hulk speaking, does he remember the events of Sakaar through Doc Green? Or is this the Brooding - "Rarghhh" monster?

Hulk is speaking a lot. He's extremely intelligent (he's at least genius-level according to Banner) but also extraordinarily brutal and monstrously calculating. Somewhere between the more sadistic portrayals of Joe Fixit and the Punisher personality wise so far basically.

No idea if he remembers the events of Sakaar, not sure why you'd expect those to come up in the first two issues of a fresh title launch. I've no doubt Al Ewing remembers though, he's a continuity buff and has already included some incredibly obscure Hulk continuity references in the first couple of issues.

Cheers.
The Sakaar question was more trying to get a bead on which Hulk we were seeing.

How'd your fight go btw?

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »
How'd your fight go btw?

Haven't had it yet, it's a week today (22nd July).

Cheers.

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »
Buenas Suerte Amigo! You know anything about the guy you're fighting?

Boxing will always be my greatest love.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:59:19 PM by Bandido »

Upper_Krust

• +22/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2018, 01:23:51 PM »
How'd your fight go btw?

Haven't had it yet, it's a week today (22nd July).

First I've heard of this, best of luck! I'm sure he won't like you when you're angry.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 04:34:23 PM »
Good luck Liam

Liam smash!!!!

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2018, 08:40:32 PM »
Not a fan of the art or colors here, at all. Looks like it was digitally altered by an amature fan.

Hulks protruding brow is also disturbing, don’t like the design

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
I swear to God, at first i thought you were referring to Sean Connery’s pic... :-[

scourge broke first

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2018, 04:21:58 AM »
I swear to God, at first i thought you were referring to Sean Connery’s pic... :-[
lol same.