Herochat

Justice kennedy retired

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
Re: Justice kennedy retired
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 12:12:02 PM »
I think  restrictions with exceptions for rape/life threatening complications would be reasonable.

But it's entertaining seeing left wing women spaz out and threaten mass suicides in order to murder their children unrestricted. Great for perspective.
WTF? Threatening mass suicides? Where/when was that? This is the first I've heard of it.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 12:37:15 PM »
I doubt Roe v Wade will be overturned.  I remember when people thought Bush was going to do the same thing.  It's akin to when Republicans think any Democrat in office will take their guns any day now.

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a woman say "We're going to be living in The Handmaiden's Tale now!" on social media, I'd have enough money for a nice seafood dinner.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
I doubt Roe v Wade will be overturned.  I remember when people thought Bush was going to do the same thing.  It's akin to when Republicans think any Democrat in office will take their guns any day now.

well Obama never said he wanted to take away people guns

trump did talk about tossing people in jail who get abortion and making it illegal

lot of time when people saying don't worry about trump it requires ignoring the stuff he says he plans to do.  which is hard sense you know he the president has the Senate, Congress and 2 supreme court picks that were filibuster proof

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »
Trump literally advocated taking away guns without due process.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »

trump did talk about tossing people in jail who get abortion and making it illegal

lot of time when people saying don't worry about trump it requires ignoring the stuff he says he plans to do.  which is hard sense you know he the president has the Senate, Congress and 2 supreme court picks that were filibuster proof

I never said don't worry about Trump.

True.  I was using the "they're taking our guns" stuff as an example.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 03:45:04 PM »

I never said don't worry about Trump.

True.  I was using the "they're taking our guns" stuff as an example.
I know, it was a common claim that I continued seeing for months after Trump took office. Obama was supposed to launch an epic coup with his shadow government and all the veterans needed to be ready to amass more guns ASAP to "take the country back."

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »
As for why I think they won't overturn Roe v Wade is because it'll be political suicide.  The GOP can talk about wanting to do away with it and how much they want abortion to be illegal as that makes them popular among their Evangelical base, but they have to know that about two third of the country support abortion rights to one degree or another.  If they actually get rid of it, then they won't be winning any offices for a very long time.  The Republicans are already massively unpopular.  Something like this will sink the party.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »
yeah. We're seeing how unpopular the Republicans are with every election now.

Uhtceare

• +20/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »

Yes, and we're also seeing how they use gerrymandering and voter-suppression to negate the results of their unpopularity.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »

Yeah... after all is said and done, he’s still from New York City. That kind of thinking is second nature.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »

Yes, and we're also seeing how they use gerrymandering and voter-suppression to negate the results of their unpopularity.

like the Ohio ruling

Republicans not afraid to push unpopular rulings

the tax plan
messing with Obama care

all historicly unpopular

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2018, 09:20:54 PM »
Big ups to all those "THERE'S NO REAL DIFFERENCE" voters who either stayed at home or fucking voted for Jill Whatsherfuckingface.

Proud of it.

There are words to describe that, but this is the Debate forum, so I can't say them. :)

Suffice to say, I don't want to hear anyone of that ilk complaining about any Supreme Court decisions in what could likely be the rest of my lifetime. They're getting what they wanted.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2018, 10:11:40 PM »
..just like Killary voters supported mass incarceration and globalist warmongering.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2018, 12:31:54 AM »
In all seriousness, there were only about 5 million third party voters sptead all over the country and Jill Stein got less votes than Gary Johnson.  It never made a difference.

As for the Republicans, I feel this one will be bigger than simply going after Obamacare.  This will destroy their party.  Even with voter supression.  Too many people value it too much.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 03:22:10 AM »
In all seriousness, there were only about 5 million third party voters sptead all over the country and Jill Stein got less votes than Gary Johnson.  It never made a difference.

As for the Republicans, I feel this one will be bigger than simply going after Obamacare.  This will destroy their party.  Even with voter supression.  Too many people value it too much.

Well it was more of the people who stayed home out of protest that made a diffence. I kind of wish the people who stayed home voted for Jill..it would of put her to 5 percent, giving funding. Which would make for a real 3rd party. And it was a pretty close election

In the past few years, seem the republica do stuff that seem unheard of or political suicide..and still reather the storm. I mean a dude threaten to body slam a reporter and won. I mean a Governor ran on a hey maybe slavery wasnt so bad...and only last because he was ALSO a child molestor..and barely lost. I didnt think that travel ban would passed, but looks like it kind of did.

I think the republican plan

1) 50/50 Country no matter what.
2) Get thier base to come out by feeding them red meat
3) Get the votes in the right place, because they could therotecly keep losing the popular vote more and more and just win the few states that matter
4) Dont banned Abortion out right...but due a death of a 1000 cuts where its basicly banned