Herochat

Starlin's Infinity OGN's

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
Starlin's Infinity OGN's
« on: May 25, 2018, 01:28:37 PM »
The Starlin Infinity storyline reading order, with OGNs in bold and non-essential side-stories in italics:

Thanos Annual
Thanos vs. Hulk
Infinity Revelation
Infinity Relativity

Infinity Entity
Infinity Finale

Infinity Siblings (Start of a new trilogy)
Infinity Conflict (November 2018)

I've seen a lot of mixed feelings about these on the net, usually about how Starlin writes Thanos as the male equivalent of a Mary Sue (it's Warlock he really loves you guys), but I have to say I enjoyed them a lot.  Breath of fresh air compared to 99% of modern Marvel comics.

Anybody else read these?  What did you think? 

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
Re: Starlin's Infinity OGN's
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 03:41:25 PM »
Infinity Siblings was good. Rest were actually not that bad except Infinity Finale. That was just garbage.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »
I liked Infinity Siblings a lot, too.  It's a tough wait for the next one, and here's hoping the third one is still coming after Starlin's spat with Marvel.  Of the first three OGN's I liked Relativity the best, there was some good stuff with Thanos taking on the souped up Annihilus.  Revelation had a fun gimmick I won't spoil here, but past that not a lot happened (besides some meta commentary about how little sense Marvel's continuity makes now). 

I can't remember which book had Thanos take on the Annihilators, but that was both brutal and pretty funny.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 12:29:01 AM »
He shouldn’t really be able to beat them, did he?

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 01:03:18 AM »

Nah, don't worry (though I'm sure there are some who would argue Thanos could take them all) it's really just Beta Ray Bill and Ronan who get taken out straight-up. 

The Annihilators minus Surfer show up to face Thanos and a newly powered up Warlock.  Thanos teleports Gladiator away from the fight and then mercilessly beats Beta Ray Bill before moving on to easily dispatch Ronan.  Warlock is now tied up by Quasar and Thanos faces off with him, only for Warlock to use his new energy powers to KO Quasar while he's distracted by Thanos.  Surfer shows up after all this and attacks Thanos, only to get taken out from behind by Warlock's new energy absorption power.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 01:20:44 AM »
Poor Bill. What series is this?. How did Warlock get powered up

Thorion

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 11:47:02 PM »

That was Infinity Relativity. IIRC Warlock got powered up after that encounter with the Annihilators. He was replaced by his alternate self, who housed a whole universe and had the combined powers of Eternity and Infinity, something like that...

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:38 AM »

It was Infinity Revelation that saw Thanos take on the Annihilators.  Warlock was actually powered up twice.  The first one happened after Mistress Death gave Thanos Warlock's soul, and Warlock resurrected without a cocoon.  He now had energy absorption and manipulation powers, something Thanos makes note of and gives Warlock some of his energy to absorb.

The second power up was for an alternate universe Warlock, and it happened when his reality was destroyed and he was the sole survivor.  It was revealed that all the power of his reality went into him at the point of destruction, making him more powerful than Eternity.  This alternate universe Warlock goes on to become the new Living Tribunal after the Beyonders killed the old one.

It's sounds complicated and confusing when just describing it, but I'd recommend reading these Gree.  You can get them cheap on Kindle or use a free comic site.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »

It was Infinity Revelation that saw Thanos take on the Annihilators.  Warlock was actually powered up twice.  The first one happened after Mistress Death gave Thanos Warlock's soul, and Warlock resurrected without a cocoon.  He now had energy absorption and manipulation powers, something Thanos makes note of and gives Warlock some of his energy to absorb.

The second power up was for an alternate universe Warlock, and it happened when his reality was destroyed and he was the sole survivor.  It was revealed that all the power of his reality went into him at the point of destruction, making him more powerful than Eternity.  This alternate universe Warlock goes on to become the new Living Tribunal after the Beyonders killed the old one.

It's sounds complicated and confusing when just describing it, but I'd recommend reading these Gree.  You can get them cheap on Kindle or use a free comic site.
He was supposed to be 616's new Tribunal,but if so the whole Ultimates/Life Galactus thing didn't connect well imo,as his power level didn't seem up to snuff

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 05:21:58 PM »
Why shouldn’t he? Surfer is portrayed as the most powerful of the group and he gets his ass handed to him without much fuss by Thanos everytime.