Herochat

So what you think of what going with immigration and family seperation

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
Not post WWII it's not. Most of the post WWII mess is on America and our insistence of backing Saudi Arabdia, propping up the petrodollar, and generally supporting dictators like the Shah of Iran. No Shah, and Iran would now be a democracy. Without America propping it up, Saudi Arabia would likely have either fallen, or at least had to reform seriously to prevent revolution. And without the Saudi alliance, there would be much less resentment of America in the region.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Mfw I realize that the U.S. migrant crisis is in part being driven by hypergamy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5869829/Father-two-year-old-face-child-separation-crisis-speaks-out.html

The father of the Honduran girl who became the face of the family separation crisis has revealed that he still has not been in touch with his wife or daughter but was happy to learn they are safe.

He revealed that his wife had previously mentioned her wish to go to the United States for a 'better future' but did not tell him nor any of their family members that she was planning to make the trek.

'I didn't support it. I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that? But it was her decision at the end of the day.'

He said that Sandra had always wanted to experience 'the American dream' and hoped to find a good job in the States.

Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes, explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile

MTL76

• +1136/-119
    • View Profile
https://thinkprogress.org/fox-friends-immigration-these-are-not-our-kids-brian-kilmeade-e23e766b7974/

Brian Kilmeade: well it's not like they are whiiiii...um Americans.

I don’t know this guy but don’t you think he’s clearly referring to citizenship instead of race? There’s nothing inherently immoral about a nation prioritizing the welfare of its own citizens over the citizens of other nations. The United States is not responsible for the welfare of the children of the world. I’m all in favor of giving aid to countries that need it. Not only is it the ethical thing to do, but it helps prevent chaotic waves of migration. But the notion that we’re literally Hitler if we don’t open our borders is nonsensical.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
seem like part of the reason uniting them will be hard, is with the infants...they didnt bother to get the parents name

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
https://thinkprogress.org/fox-friends-immigration-these-are-not-our-kids-brian-kilmeade-e23e766b7974/

Brian Kilmeade: well it's not like they are whiiiii...um Americans.

I don’t know this guy but don’t you think he’s clearly referring to citizenship instead of race? There’s nothing inherently immoral about a nation prioritizing the welfare of its own citizens over the citizens of other nations. The United States is not responsible for the welfare of the children of the world. I’m all in favor of giving aid to countries that need it. Not only is it the ethical thing to do, but it helps prevent chaotic waves of migration. But the notion that we’re literally Hitler if we don’t open our borders is nonsensical.

I dont know if the dude is racist or not. I was just making a joke.

There is a a whole grey area between open borders and sticking  kids in camps though because they aren't American and don't really count.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
    • View Profile
As far as I understand, the reason why families can't be detained together is a Reagan-era court ruling? It seems like a pretty bad decision, maybe one with unintended consequences, and overturning it seems like something that everyone should be able to agree on. Assuming this law can be scrapped, I can't see why families shouldn't be kept together.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
Trump is outmaneuvering the fake left AGAIN, and it's embarrassing to watch.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
It's difficult to judge a tactic if you don't really know the strategy it is supporting.

The Administration may have a coherent, realizable ling-term plan on immigration, or it may not. If it does, it's probably something that they cannot fully articulate publicly, though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad strategy.

I mean what is the plan, really? Deporting all illegals seems expensive and likely to get ugly. So how many we aiming at? The real problem with amnesty is that the social security bill goes up when you start handing out like 10+ million social insurance numbers. A nearly leak-proof border is possible, but the cost would be seriously high--probably 100s of billions. That could be afforded, but is it really worth it? What's more, to be truly effective, the border would have to get ugly--think East Berlin in reverse. The public would have to be able to take periodic newscasts showing dead women and children gunned down by automated gunfire in the border's killzone. I doubt anyone's really ready for either the financial or psychological costs of a nearly 99% effective border. So what kind of penetration rate are we really aiming for and comfortable with?

Registered Sex Offender

• +6/-856
  • Arrested irl
    • View Profile
I don't think we'll need automated gun systems on the wall. And think about all the money that will be saved with stopping illegal immigration. People will be able to stay with their families, and if they want to come here they can do so legally.
Adult Swim handled this correctly.

Xerxes in regards to Dan Harmon NOT being fired when his baby raping parody video was exposed.

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
I don't think we'll need automated gun systems on the wall. And think about all the money that will be saved with stopping illegal immigration. People will be able to stay with their families, and if they want to come here they can do so legally.
What money will be saved?

Registered Sex Offender

• +6/-856
  • Arrested irl
    • View Profile
All the money going to the illegals. Welfare, jobs for Americans. That kinda stuff

Xerxes in regards to Dan Harmon NOT being fired when his baby raping parody video was exposed.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
You're gonna need to provide some numbers showing it's will save more than the price of the wall.

Registered Sex Offender

• +6/-856
  • Arrested irl
    • View Profile
After years it'll pay for itself. And will curb the drug cartels and child trafficking. That itself is worth it in my opinion.