Herochat

Family vacation part 50: here we go again

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Family vacation part 50: here we go again
« on: June 17, 2018, 10:08:50 PM »
Another year, another joint family vacation with the brother-in-law. Day 1 goodness:

1) Leaves 2-year old alone with 3-foot long metal fork to roast marshmallows in an open-flame fire pit (family s’mores night at resort). Sister-in-law yells at him for this (an elderly stranger spotted my nephew alone and came to take control of the situation before she got there). Brother-in-law felt that his 2-year old was fine.

2) Sis-in-law has to get her 5-year old back to a safe depth in ocean, as he was neck deep. Brother-in-law was in charge and felt ok because his kids can “swim pretty well”. They cannot actually swim without floaties/lifevests. No floatation devices were in use at the moment.

9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Family vacation part 50: here we go again
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »
No sane person should leave a 5 year old alone in the ocean even if the water is only up to there knees if there not really close by.

Thorne

• +34/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 10:45:23 PM »
The Spartan way of raising kids is probably not for everyone.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:38:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure your brother-in-law is trying to kill his kids and feinging ignorance so he'll get away with it.

LiquidSailor

• +70/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:23:47 AM »
Who cares, when are you going to get to the cousin Kevin stories, Clark?  :D

DIGUSTING

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 07:09:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure your brother-in-law is trying to kill his kids and feinging ignorance so he'll get away with it.
As i was reading the OP, i thought to myself, ‘those kids are heavily insured, and this guy has gambling debts’... :o

scourge broke first

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 05:32:14 PM »
He'll probably try and get Master as his lawyer....just as soon as he adds him on Facebook

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 06:10:33 PM »
He'll probably try and get Master as his lawyer....just as soon as he adds him on Facebook

And thus, we learn the real motive.  What a twist!

scourge

• +37/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 07:20:58 PM »
No sane person should leave a 5 year old alone in the ocean even if the water is only up to there knees if there not really close by.

What if there’s a 10 year old watching the 5 year old in said knee deep ocean water, and it’s Long Island Sound and not the actual ocean...asking for a friend

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »
That’s a damn fine twist. Anyway, nothing crazy happened today other than him generally taking his two sons too deep into the ocean, but he was with them at least.

No sane person leaves a 2-year old alone to roast marshmallows over an open flame.

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 06:20:36 AM »
No sane person has kids to begin with.

scourge broke first

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 01:43:49 PM »
So if you recall from prior years’ posts, their oldest son is the one who tended to be the most unruly, as brother-in-law was at maximum soft parenting in those early years (and even directly undermining his wife’s efforts to properly discipline the kids because he hates hearing the kids complain).

Earlier today, their oldest KICKED sister-in-law because he wanted something she had already told him “no” about. Brother-in-law said nothing and focused on talking with his other sons. Sister-in-law used a stern tone and told him “please do not kick me when I’m talking to you”. Now this wasn’t a huge kick (kid is seven), but any kick or hit is 100% unacceptable in my book.

And from I’ve heard, the few times they have spanked their oldest, they have apologized to him afterwards for losing their temper. I’m hoping things change because this is maybe how abusive boyfriends/husbands start.

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »
Your in-laws are idiots, and deserve what theyre getting.
Any parents that let that shit slide, and have let it go on for years, deserve every indignity heaped on them.

Looking forward to your next update.

scourge broke first

Thorne

• +34/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:02 PM »
Earlier today, their oldest KICKED sister-in-law because he wanted something she had already told him “no” about. Brother-in-law said nothing and focused on talking with his other sons. Sister-in-law used a stern tone and told him “please do not kick me when I’m talking to you”. Now this wasn’t a huge kick (kid is seven), but any kick or hit is 100% unacceptable in my book. 

Yeah if my nephew kicked my sister her husband would be on that kid like wolves on a deer carcass, there's just some shit that's a no-fly zone with parenting.

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 09:05:29 PM »
Yep. Nothing else crazy today, but just YEP.