Herochat

Jurassic World 2

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
Re: Jurassic World 2
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 11:04:21 PM »
https://uproxx.com/hitfix/jurassic-world-2-jurassic-park-franchise-plot-holes/

felt the urge to throw this out here, because I was wondering about Isla Sorna myself
You were wondering why they didn't move to the island whose power source was almost exclusively geothermal?

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 04:25:10 PM »
Overall, I liked it, but one thing that bugged me was just how glaringly inaccurate the portrayal of the volcanic eruption was. I mean, I'm no geologist, but there is absolutely no way they should have survived what they did on Isla Nublar.
Truten forever!

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »
Overall, I liked it, but one thing that bugged me was just how glaringly inaccurate the portrayal of the volcanic eruption was. I mean, I'm no geologist, but there is absolutely no way they should have survived what they did on Isla Nublar.
Running or driving through a pyroclastic flow is pretty standard for movies featuring volcanos. I think Dante's Peak is the only one that was even close to portraying those accurately.

HalloweenJack

• +39/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 05:59:47 PM »

felt the urge to throw this out here, because I was wondering about Isla Sorna myself
You were wondering why they didn't move to the island whose power source was almost exclusively geothermal?

no, just why there was no reference to the other island. I was wondering if they were ignoring the Lost World and 3 and starting on a new continuity

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »

no, just why there was no reference to the other island. I was wondering if they were ignoring the Lost World and 3 and starting on a new continuity
There's actually a bunch of stuff on the website and will probably be in extra content. A lot of people forgot (or didn't know) a few things even aside from the volcanic activity at Site B.

Part of the problems on the island stem from prion infections. Dinosaurs were dying for shit they didn't even do.

The lysine contingency in earlier generations was passed down to some of the dinosaurs. If they didn't get lysine in their diet, they would die.

The other problem was the spinosaurus. They didn't realize it would be so territorial. It wasn't as bad as the Indominus Rex, but it was fucking up the ecosystem they let develop on Isla Sorna.

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
How was that a twist instead of a plot development leading into a third film?
It can be both, the two aren't mutually exclusive. 

If they play up the human cloning angle in the next one, fine, but why reveal it in the third act of THIS film if it doesn't play into anything at all aside from her letting the dinosaurs go?

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2018, 08:37:59 PM »
So anyway, why did they need to rescue the dinosaurs on the island when they can just whip up batches with their crazy DNA tech?
It's dramatically cheaper to breed them or use blood from dinosaurs already alive. Creating them from DNA doesn't always work, which is why BioSyn ("Dodgson! Dodgson! We've got Dodgson here!") tried to steal the viable embryos in the book and first movie.

For Henry Wu it's much easier because he refined the process, but it's still no guarantee.
The first Jurassic World gave the impression that it wasn't too difficult for them, they were literally creating whatever hybrids they wanted just because people were actually getting bored with regular dinosaurs.

And did they try an alternative first?  If not, it was reckless to have people to go to an island full of dinosaurs with an active volcano as their first resort.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2018, 09:41:30 PM »
So anyway, why did they need to rescue the dinosaurs on the island when they can just whip up batches with their crazy DNA tech?
It's dramatically cheaper to breed them or use blood from dinosaurs already alive. Creating them from DNA doesn't always work, which is why BioSyn ("Dodgson! Dodgson! We've got Dodgson here!") tried to steal the viable embryos in the book and first movie.

For Henry Wu it's much easier because he refined the process, but it's still no guarantee.
The first Jurassic World gave the impression that it wasn't too difficult for them, they were literally creating whatever hybrids they wanted just because people were actually getting bored with regular dinosaurs.

And did they try an alternative first?  If not, it was reckless to have people to go to an island full of dinosaurs with an active volcano as their first resort.
The first Jurassic World had an active park and as much blood as they needed. The dinosaurs were alive and plentiful.

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »
They weren't taking blood samples from the dinosaurs already living in the in the park.  They still had all that on hand, whether the dinosaurs lived or not.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
They weren't taking blood samples from the dinosaurs already living in the in the park.  They still had all that on hand, whether the dinosaurs lived or not.
Yeah, they had blood and embryos. Whichever they needed at any time.