I was really disappointed
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:38:31 AM by Insane Titan »

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Jurassic World 2
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 08:25:47 AM »
there's a reviewer from the UK who saw it, Mr. H who felt the same way. like it was two movies crammed into one.

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »
Is it not out in the US yet?

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »
there's a reviewer from the UK who saw it, Mr. H who felt the same way. like it was two movies crammed into one.

I got that impression by the trailer, honestly.

HalloweenJack

• +39/-9
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 09:58:42 PM »
Is it not out in the US yet?

it may have come out this weekend, but it shows how little i actually care since i don't know

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »
It looked like Jurassic Park 2 and that movie was shit mostly.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
I liked it. Triceratops stomps someone the fuck out in this.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »
I liked it too. Dino's went on a rampage.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 04:11:20 AM »
The first hour of this was awesome, then it slowly crashed from there. It really wasn't that bad, but the writing got exceptionally lazy. And the plot twist of Maysie being a clone jumped 40 sharks and then was just sweapt under the rug. And freeing the dinosaurs at the end condems millions to die, but, "They're alive, just like me." - so it's okay?

That being said, Pratt is a clap and cheer for, two-fisted adventurer! Your kids just may have a new, "Dr. Jones" to root for!

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 05:01:54 AM »
The first hour of this was awesome, then it slowly crashed from there. It really wasn't that bad, but the writing got exceptionally lazy. And the plot twist of Maysie being a clone jumped 40 sharks and then was just sweapt under the rug. And freeing the dinosaurs at the end condems millions to die, but, "They're alive, just like me." - so it's okay?

That being said, Pratt is a clap and cheer for, two-fisted adventurer! Your kids just may have a new, "Dr. Jones" to root for!
Yeah I agree , Pratt does come off as a great Indy type of guy.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »

How does it condemn millions to die? They only rescued like 25 animals and almost all of them were herbivores.

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 10:32:11 AM »

Yeah I agree , Pratt does come off as a great Indy type of guy.

There‚Äôs probably  a reason they recreated the scene of him running down the hill the way they did

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »

I'm glad they had the kid who just found out she is a clone instead of Bryce's character.  Im cool with them not dwelling on the revelation. I actually hate scenes when people stand around processing their feelings when chaotic shit is going down around them. If I found out I was a clone while Dinos were running around eating people I'd still be more concerned about the dinosaurs.

Uhtceare

• +20/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »
Yeah, it just seems bizarre that she's suddenly on the dinosaurs side because she finds out she's a clone. If I found out I was a clone, I wouldn't give a fuck. I certainly wouldn't side with people-eating monsters just because we were created by the same process. Hell, I am created by the same natural process that creates tigers, but I'm not gonna root for tigers to run amuck because of that.

Hell, if I found out I was a clone, my concerns would be mostly practical. Will I develop the sort of health problems animal clones have in the real world? Is there some way I can parlay my clone status into money, like charging for interviews and autographs? Maybe gain some celebrity status by writing a book about my life as a clone, and the "trauma"(which would be mostly faked) of discovering I was a clone? My first thought wouldn't be, "I am must side with my fellow clones, for even if they are people-eating monsters, we are united in clonehood!" The fuck?

I suspect that there was a philosophical issue in the minds of the writers that doesn't exist in the minds of the general audience. In their minds, questions like "are clones truly alive? Do clones have souls?" and that sort of thing was something they thought was a real issue. In the minds of the general audience, that sort of thing is a "duh". As in, duh, yeah they're obviously alive. As for souls: I don't believe in souls. Even those people who do believe in souls often don't think animals, regardless of origin, have souls. Humans they just tend to assume have souls, and clones of humans they tend to just assume have souls, same way they assume people created by in vitro fertilzation do, without giving it much thought.

So it's not some big issue weighing on the mind of the general audience. And without that issue weighing on ours minds the way it clearly did the writers, her actions just seem completely nutty and our of left-field.

TLDR version: Jurassic Park is not the place for Blade Runner themes.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
Yeah, it just seems bizarre that she's suddenly on the dinosaurs side because she finds out she's a clone. If I found out I was a clone, I wouldn't give a fuck. I certainly wouldn't side with people-eating monsters just because we were created by the same process. Hell, I am created by the same natural process that creates tigers, but I'm not gonna root for tigers to run amuck because of that.

Hell, if I found out I was a clone, my concerns would be mostly practical. Will I develop the sort of health problems animal clones have in the real world? Is there some way I can parlay my clone status into money, like charging for interviews and autographs? Maybe gain some celebrity status by writing a book about my life as a clone, and the "trauma"(which would be mostly faked) of discovering I was a clone? My first thought wouldn't be, "I am must side with my fellow clones, for even if they are people-eating monsters, we are united in clonehood!" The fuck?

I suspect that there was a philosophical issue in the minds of the writers that doesn't exist in the minds of the general audience. In their minds, questions like "are clones truly alive? Do clones have souls?" and that sort of thing was something they thought was a real issue. In the minds of the general audience, that sort of thing is a "duh". As in, duh, yeah they're obviously alive. As for souls: I don't believe in souls. Even those people who do believe in souls often don't think animals, regardless of origin, have souls. Humans they just tend to assume have souls, and clones of humans they tend to just assume have souls, same way they assume people created by in vitro fertilzation do, without giving it much thought.

So it's not some big issue weighing on the mind of the general audience. And without that issue weighing on ours minds the way it clearly did the writers, her actions just seem completely nutty and our of left-field.

TLDR version: Jurassic Park is not the place for Blade Runner themes.
She was on the dinosaurs' side throughout the entire movie. That was a key part of her character, completely independent of finding out she was a clone.

She spent entire days pretending she was living asking dinosaurs. That's why she ran to tell her Grandpa when she discovered the guy was going to sell them. She was being raised to care about dinosaurs, and she's from the generation that always had them alive in the world.