« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »
Gree wins

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Drizzt Do’ vs Marvel Dracula
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »
How did the MI 13 arc end? I might be having a Berenstein moment but I could have sworn Drac got decapitated.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 09:05:34 PM »
If you're talking about the MI13 fight, it was Faiza who killed him.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 10:01:51 PM »
She did, with Excalibur. He kind of jumps and impales hmself

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2018, 10:02:54 PM »
I think this fight isn’t as one sided as people think. What if this is Asgardian blood Drac

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2018, 10:38:28 PM »
Yeah, my bad. This is such a low showing for Dracula that it hurts my argument, since I don’t think it should be counted anymore.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2018, 01:37:09 AM »
Yeah, my bad. This is such a low showing for Dracula that it hurts my argument, since I don’t think it should be counted anymore.

That's an amazing spin move with Drac being a faster opponent and her having her right foot forward with her arm cocked backward to slash from her left shoulder.  She's totally not in a position to make that spin without being decapitated by Drac.  She's committed to a defensive position/counter attack. 

But, comics meh. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2018, 03:18:40 AM »
If that's the level of Drac's swordplay, he gets fucking annihilated. Dane was fast enough to block; Drizzt would not only see/anticipate the attack, he'd block, rapid-fire 12 counters and then score a wound (or several, depends on if he's out for blood or not) in as many seconds as it took me to type this. And Drac would be unable to do a thing about it.

Drizzt, in one of his earliest "big fights" defeats the Weapon Master of the House Baenre (D'n'D nerdshit; it's kind of a big deal), a drow elf with centuries of experience and a host of magical weaponry/armor. Dantrag wore bracers that gave him superhuman handspeed; enough that even Drizzt could not follow his movements with any true accuracy (at first). His sword was a vorpal blade, capable of cutting through adamantine, rock, magic armor, etc. Drizzt had to turn his own swords in a way that allowed him to parry and riposte without causing damage to them, while essentially playing "catch up" to Dantrag's speed. Drizzt figures out that, while Dantrag is LOADS faster, his attack schemes are all basic and rudimentary, relying more on speed and less than skill. Drizzt no longer plays "catch up" and instead anticipates everything, beating Dantrag to the spot, so to speak, putting them on even footing where speed is concerned. From there, Drizzt's overwhelmingly superior skills allow him to take over and eventually kill Dantrag.

Drizzt would claim the sword and the bracers, eventually electing to wear the bracers on his ankles, giving him bursts of superhuman footspeed. His current gear is:

- the bracers
- his two swords Icingdeath, a frost weapon that protects him from fire attacks and is anathema to demonic creatures; and Lullaby/Twinkle, the blade comprised of some magical, mystery element that allows its wielder to inflict the drow sleep poison with nothing more than a nick; the hilt belongs to his previous off-hand magic sword, Twinkle, and it carries the enchantments of both if I remember right.
- Taulmaril, a lightning-blessed bow and its never-ending quiver. In terms of effectiveness, think Chewbacca's bowcaster and how it was blowing stormtroopers away like a cannon, only it's a lightning bolt (essentially) that will skewer several foes with one shot or blow through several feat of rock without slowing down. It has been magically reconfigured in a way that allows him to draw it from his belt buckle in an instant
- a belt that grants him an ogre’s strength; about peak human, maybe stronger but no more than classic Beast
- magically enhanced mithral, chainmail armor; might be augmented by/worn in conjunction with (or maybe replaced by) Tiago Baenre’s magic leather-ish armor, but I’d need to double check.
- a spider-silk shirt, enchanted to turn away/protect its wearer from all but the most lethal of attacks

"Normal" Dracula would get smoked. Hopped up on superhuman blood might be too much, depending on the source. Maybe. Drizzt has that Mary-sue knack for finding a way to beat/defeat/kill foes that wipe out whole armies (re: Errtu, one of the more powerful balor demons; Merrilith; THE Demogorgon, old-school D'n'D UBER-monster, aka the "Prince of Demons"; long story lol). He has fought vampires before, so Drac would not be anything new nor anything more powerful than some of the ridiculous shit he's gone up against in his "short" lifespan of about 200+ years, most of that fighting and killing everything from pitiful goblins to a dracolich/phantom hybrid...thing (in the "Ghost King" book).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:26:06 PM by GeneralPresidentSkeletor »

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2018, 04:09:27 AM »
What happened to Twinkle?
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:30 AM »
I create these threads out of pure enjoyment of Skels sword and sorcery knowledge

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2018, 02:13:13 PM »
What happened to Twinkle?
It gained a small flaw at some point, unknown to Drizzt, and was broken in a fight against another elf (half drow, half surface elf chick). Drizzt was in the midst of rescuing her, at least he thought. In actuality, it was an ambush and while he was distracted against the original wielder of Lullaby, she attacked him with Khazidhea (for those not in the know, Khazidhea is the sentient, vorpal blade I mentioned earlier; it’s held a grudge against Drizzt since he rejected it a out 150 years previously). After Drizzt beats Tiago Baenre, he claims his armor and weapons (Lullaby and a shield that could expand or retract its size with a thought, as well as contained an enchantment that could render it as sticky as a giant spider’s web).

Cattie-Brie, alive once again and a badass wizard now, takes Twinkle’s hilt and Lullaby, and reforges them together magically, using the Fire Primordial beneath Gauntlygrym. After running through a practice session with it, Drizzt notes to himself that it is much more powerful than Twinkle ever was and then realizes it IS in fact Twinkle, but now melded with Lullaby. I’ll have to see if he calls it by a nee name now, but it holds the enchantments of both weapons.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:15:33 PM by GeneralPresidentSkeletor »

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »
That's dope af. I really need to get caught up
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

Uhtceare

• +20/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »
Why would Dracula get into a sword fight with anyone when he has a swiss army knife of ranged attacks? Did that story even acknowledge that Dracula has powers beyond the Buffypire-package?

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »
That's dope af. I really need to get caught up
The feats for Drizzt have really started to become absurd since the “Transitions” arc:
- Neverwinter (Gauntlgrym, Neverwinter, Charon’s Claw, Last Threahold)
- The Sundering (The Companions, book 1)
Companions Codex series (Night of the Hunter, Rise of the King, Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf)
- Homecoming (Archmage, Maestro, Hero)

I haven’t read “Timeless” yet, but the brief synopsis of it implies that Drizzt has continued training as a monk witb Grandmaster Kane. Yay for more ridiculous fests to come!