Herochat

Drizzt Do’ vs Marvel Dracula

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
Re: Drizzt Do’ vs Marvel Dracula
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2018, 04:43:10 PM »
Yeah he's a 4 class multiclass, and technically a reality warper since two of those classes are mutually exclusive in-universe
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +57/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
Why would Dracula get into a sword fight with anyone when he has a swiss army knife of ranged attacks? Did that story even acknowledge that Dracula has powers beyond the Buffypire-package?
While Drizzt prefers martial combat, a ranged fight is not something Drac would fare better at. Taulmaril is no joke, and Drizzt is nearly as adept with it as he is with swords.

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »
Taulmaril is fucking ridiculous

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »
I wonder how Ghost Rider would fair

Uhtceare

• +17/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »
Why would Dracula get into a sword fight with anyone when he has a swiss army knife of ranged attacks? Did that story even acknowledge that Dracula has powers beyond the Buffypire-package?
While Drizzt prefers martial combat, a ranged fight is not something Drac would fare better at. Taulmaril is no joke, and Drizzt is nearly as adept with it as he is with swords.

Can it hurt a patch of fog? Can it do so while swarms of vermin and predators are trying to piranha him and lighting is raining down on him?

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2018, 10:51:46 PM »
Can Dracula do all that stuff after Drizzt murders the fuck out of him?

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +57/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2018, 02:16:50 AM »

Can it hurt a patch of fog? Can it do so while swarms of vermin and predators are trying to piranha him and lighting is raining down on him?
Is this before or after Guenhwyvar (mystical avatar of panthers that travels with Drizzt and fights/hunts with him) tears his throat out? Or Andahar (Drizzt’s pegasus) skewers him in the heart? And what is Dracula going to do in mist form? Slowly float over to Drizzt whom is just standing there for some reason?

Besides, in the time it takes for Drac to conjure any of that shit, he’ll have 3 arrows in his chest (or more precisely, blowing through his chest) or have his head lopped off. Drac is nothing that Drizzt hasn’t fought before.

Demogorgon >>>>>>>>>>>> Dracula

Drizzt is one of the few characters in fiction that lives up to the hype. Drac is absolutely goig to need to have fed on superhuman blood to have a chance, which becomes prep-time IMO.

Drac loses any sort of straight-up fight, guy. 

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +57/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »
I wonder how Ghost Rider would fair
Against Drizzt? It’d be interesting. I don’t think the Penance Stare would work; Drizzt’s natural defense against magic, his own sizable willpower, monk training and noble heart/soul should prove enough defense against it. Also, there’s hints that, on top of being blessed by Mielikki, Goddess of the Forest, it’s implied that he’s “watched over” by Lolth, the Lady of Chaos & Demon Spider-Queen). I think that his hellfire blasts would be defended well enough by Icingdeath; it has protected against dragonfire even while not directly held. Zarathos is still a demon, after all, so it can be safely assumed it would affect GR, too. Ghost Rider is far more durable and much stronger than him, though (which is actually pretty common, since Drizzt routinely fights foes with magic armor/shielding, giant-kind and beings with supernatural defenses, like demons), but I wager Drizzt is still much, much faster and a FAR better fighter (obviously).

Ghost Rider’s chain would prove a challenging weapon to fight against since it’s not a typical martial weapon and can respond to GR’s thoughts, iirc. I could see GR surprisng Drizzt with it, wrapping him up and drawing him close, only to see the hellfire effect or Penance Stare prove ineffective, right before Guenhwyvar attacks GR, giving Drizzt the opening he needs to plunge Icingdeath home.

The fanboy in my heart says Drizzt wins them all, but I have more sense than that and will say...

Drizzt, 7/10 over Ghost Rider

Red Exodus

• +10/-20
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2018, 11:05:35 PM »
Dracula can conjure lightning instantly. It doesn't take him long to do so.

Although I'm not sure that is the current ability of this new Legacy of Kain
retarded look Dracula. He didn't use any special elemental powers against
Hulk during their fight, nor against the X-Men IIRC.

Against the old Dracula, I'd argue that he could take half wins over Drizzt.
but current version wouldn't. Strong as Marvel's Drac is, he IS very inconsistent.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:17:01 PM by Red Exodus »