Herochat

Roseanne canceled due to being racist

therock

• +39/-64
    • View Profile
Roseanne canceled due to being racist
« on: May 29, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/media/roseanne-twitter-chelsea-clinton/index.html

Well the tweet was racist...think cancelling the show was a bit much. Since think most of these scandals you could of rode out and they would of moved on to something else. Hell it would of boosted ratings. And not like she hasnt said crazy shit before. Also lot of other workers going to effected.

But on the other hand can see Disney saying "We make to much money to deal with this shit". Since ABC disney owned. And some cast members were sniping back at Roseane, or saying they wont come back.

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Roseanne canceled due to being racist
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »
At a certain point, she became more trouble than she was worth.

Hell, her agent dropped her too.

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 06:02:34 PM »
I think cancelling the show was a bit much since it ended up punishing hundreds of people for the actions of one person.  Aside from that, it's Roseanne.  She built a career out of pissing people off.  It's Kanye West all over again.

Letters

• +5/-844
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 07:30:05 PM »
Prolly because she was exposing George Soros.

That lame racist tweet was pretty tame. But it made fun of Muslims and that's against the law! Muslims aren't a race btw.

altoon

• +8/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:52:31 PM »
Wow I was surprised it was cancel and so quickly especially since it was a rating juggernaut.

Letters

• +5/-844
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 09:07:06 PM »
She was telling too much troof.

Tjackflash

• +3/-35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »
    How about canceling the show because unlike the original, this one just wasn't funny.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Master

• +40/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 09:16:00 PM »
Disney and ABC aren’t going to risk backlash that affects them company-wide to protect one show. And there is no Rosanne without the main character, so that’s an easy cancellation.

And hey, that’s a very racist statement. If she’s dumb enough to say something like that on Twitter, who knows what non-sense she’ll be spouting next.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
Prolly because she was exposing George Soros.

That lame racist tweet was pretty tame. But it made fun of Muslims and that's against the law! Muslims aren't a race btw.

Actually, people aren't mad about the Muslim part.  They're mad because she called a black woman a monkey.

Master

• +40/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »
I think they’re mad about the whole tweet.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 09:43:48 PM »

I've mostly heard talk about the monkey part.  Before I read the actual tweet, I knew she called a black woman a monkey.  Although I shouldn't be surprised if some idiots think criticizing Islam is racist and wrong in some way.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:45:36 PM by AP »

Thorne

• +27/-13
  • Destined for Valhalla
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 09:49:54 PM »
Now conservatives want Bill Maher off for calling trump an orangutan.

Which is really insulting to the poor ape.

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 10:26:23 PM »

I've mostly heard talk about the monkey part.  Before I read the actual tweet, I knew she called a black woman a monkey.  Although I shouldn't be surprised if some idiots think criticizing Islam is racist and wrong in some way.

She didn't criticize Islam though. She called a Muslim a member of a terrorist group.

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »

She didn't criticize Islam though. She called a Muslim a member of a terrorist group.

The article I read didn't have the original tweet.  It just alluded to the monkey thing.

XerxesTWD

• +82/-23
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 11:06:27 PM »

Valerie Jarrett isn't even a Muslim. Roseanne was basing her entire insult on the same kind of sites Letters gets his "inside information" from. The sites where you make something up, link to a YouTube video and call it a day.

Roseanne got dozens of people fired because she parroted a racist conspiracy theory the way Letters does here.