Herochat

Ladies and gentlemen, Garfield and Friends!

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
Ladies and gentlemen, Garfield and Friends!
« on: May 28, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »
I recently had a binge rewatching of the whole series, and it holds up. Damn does it hold up well. There's a ton of extra jokes I get now; my parents used to enjoy watching it with me every morning before school, laughing a lot, and I totally see why.

Lorenzo Music was Garfield. Neither Bill Murray nor Frank Welker, legends in their own right, have since nailed it as well. It was a perfect match of actor and role.

It did a great job sliding educational bits into the writing, without them jumping out at you as "HERE IS THE EDUCATIONAL PART." They were well-integrated and natural as part of the jokes. As a kid, this is how I learned what deja vu is, about cloud seeding with silver iodide...and I was laughing the whole time.

Anyone else have fond memories of this show? Any favorite episodes or gags?
Truten forever!

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
Re: Ladies and gentlemen, Garfield and Friends!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:52:05 PM »
I remember loving Garfield and Friends.  I liked US Acres and how Orson's brothers always said "Vege-Tables".

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:24 PM »
I remember loving Garfield and Friends.  I liked US Acres and how Orson's brothers always said "Vege-Tables".

The US Acres bits were a lot of fun too. Constantly terrified Wade, Roy's pranks always turning on him in the end, Orson's over-active imagination warping reality itself...
Truten forever!

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 11:43:23 PM »
I recently had a binge rewatching of the whole series, and it holds up. Damn does it hold up well. There's a ton of extra jokes I get now; my parents used to enjoy watching it with me every morning before school, laughing a lot, and I totally see why.

Lorenzo Music was Garfield. Neither Bill Murray nor Frank Welker, legends in their own right, have since nailed it as well. It was a perfect match of actor and role.

It did a great job sliding educational bits into the writing, without them jumping out at you as "HERE IS THE EDUCATIONAL PART." They were well-integrated and natural as part of the jokes. As a kid, this is how I learned what deja vu is, about cloud seeding with silver iodide...and I was laughing the whole time.

Anyone else have fond memories of this show? Any favorite episodes or gags?
Bi-clops and Toolverine.

Clock

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:46:55 AM »
I enjoyed them also with how savage Garfield could be in the earlier episodes. The one episode was were he moved in with a young girl and thought her singing should entitle her to be dragged out into the street and shot.

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 02:45:21 PM »
I enjoyed them also with how savage Garfield could be in the earlier episodes. The one episode was were he moved in with a young girl and thought her singing should entitle her to be dragged out into the street and shot.

"People who [X] should be drug out into the street and shot" is still a common saying among my family. :D
Truten forever!

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 04:14:13 PM »
I really enjoyed this show when I was younger, but I don't remember any particular moments that stayed with me. Just a solid, fun cartoon.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/09/25/show-9-25-18-mad-sweets/ An Avengers team-building exercise, drinking games, and a review of the Batman/Joker/Harley Quinn classic, Mad Love)

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 11:07:17 PM »
Some of my favorite bits:

• "You! You're not Sylvia! You're one of the Kung-Fu Creatures On The Rampage! 2!"
  • "Deja Vu: The Sensation That You Are Doing Something You Have Done Before." "Deja Vu: The Sensation That You Are Doing Something You Have Done Before." "Deja Vu: The Sensation That You Are Doing Something You Have Done Before."
  • "The Creature That Lived In The Refrigerator Behind The Mayonnaise Next To The Ketchup And To The Left Of The Cole Slaw!"
  • Pretty much anything involving Binky The Clown and/or The Buddy Bears.
  • Orson's imagination sequences, with special notice going to the recurring spy parodies, featuring "Double Oh Orson."
Truten forever!