Herochat

How long till Trump breaks this law

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
How long till Trump breaks this law
« on: May 26, 2018, 10:39:59 PM »
over and under

https://www.theroot.com/it-is-illegal-for-donald-trump-to-block-you-on-twitter-1826277194

Should this be a rule
And will there be any consquences if he breaks it
And dont this guy know you can just mute people.

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: How long till Trump breaks this law
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »
It’s a very stupid ruling. It’s Trump’s personal account, people can still see it if they log off, and it basically says that elected officials can’t block people who are harassing them (by social media standards.)

These are the same people who thought Trump blocking them was a badge of honor, but then got bored without their daily hit of outrage. The fact that it even got into a courtroom is ridiculous.

Should social media companies now be considered the public square? Can no elected official block anyone? Should the First Amendment apply to Twitter?

I expect Trump will ignore it. Then what? Nothing.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 02:23:14 PM »
I doubt this ruling will be enforced much.  I doubt Trump will be the last politician to block people online.  I'm sure he isn't even the first.

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
It’s a very stupid ruling. It’s Trump’s personal account, people can still see it if they log off, and it basically says that elected officials can’t block people who are harassing them (by social media standards.)

These are the same people who thought Trump blocking them was a badge of honor, but then got bored without their daily hit of outrage. The fact that it even got into a courtroom is ridiculous.

Should social media companies now be considered the public square? Can no elected official block anyone? Should the First Amendment apply to Twitter?

It's his personal account that he does NOT and never did have set to private. Trump uses it to affect things on a global level and continues doing so. You give up certain things when you become President. We didn't make him divest himself from his shitty companies even though he's as corrupt as they come and has bragged about that part of his personality for decades.

I think preventing him from blocking people on Twitter is nowhere near too much to ask.

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 02:44:08 PM »
Do Trump’s Tweets carry legal authority? Can Trump mute users on Twitter? Do these rules apply to all politicians? Does it include all social media? Are Trump’s children allowed to block or mute people if they play a role in his administration?

Ideally, these are questions that should be decided by lawmakers, not judges. The Justice Department is appealing, in any case, so this farce will continue.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Dlbiininja

• +112/-13212
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 11:55:20 AM »

Thing is often he's using it speaking as the president as opposed to using it for none political things & even has used it to push his opinions as the president.  He's tweeted things out counter to what Spicer as said while he was in the podium.  He's using it as a forum then he should expect & see all responses directed at him. 

Do Trump’s Tweets carry legal authority? Can Trump mute users on Twitter? Do these rules apply to all politicians? Does it include all social media? Are Trump’s children allowed to block or mute people if they play a role in his administration?

Ideally, these are questions that should be decided by lawmakers, not judges. The Justice Department is appealing, in any case, so this farce will continue.

And some of his tweets very well may have legal consequences. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:41:44 PM »
Actully didnt it already have legal consquences. Since Judges used his tweets to decide if the travel ban was base on relegion

Dlbiininja

• +112/-13212
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 01:44:22 AM »
Actully didnt it already have legal consquences. Since Judges used his tweets to decide if the travel ban was base on relegion

Actually, yes they did.  He'd called it a ban on Muslims.  And even now I believe there's some which maybe used against him regarding the NFL and Kap and the Mueller investigation also. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »
Do Trump’s Tweets carry legal authority?
They carry legal and economic ramifications. How are you not aware of this?

Can Trump mute users on Twitter? Do these rules apply to all politicians? Does it include all social media?
We have certain rules and laws in place for the President, specifically. Just like when you join the military, certain rights are temporarily waived when you take on these roles.

Are Trump’s children allowed to block or mute people if they play a role in his administration?
Sounds like a good question for you to ask the judge instead of struggling to build a strawman.

Ideally, these are questions that should be decided by lawmakers, not judges.
Legal interpretation should be done by legislators? Do you know what the role of the Legislative branch vs the Judicial branch is? I'm not sure you do.