Herochat

DCEU Justice League: Did Superman receive a power-up with his resurrection?

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
Some portion of the internet seems to feel so, but I never saw it that way. Could be wrong--only saw the movie once.

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
I see it that he's just not holding back.

I mean first he was out of his mind and later when he beats Steppenwolf it's someone he can cut loose against.

I don't buy Wonder Woman's so called berserker mode either. To me, she's just hitting the usual levels we see her at elsewhere by the end of WW

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
It's unclear what happened to the more exotic (and non-comics canon) 'goddess powers' that Wonder Woman displayed at the end of her solo movie. It was implied by Ares that Diana could access a broader suite of powers, like his own, but that she still had "so much to learn".

Also, it's unclear whether Ares meant to indicate that he was still weakened from his fight with Zeus. Or what that even means given  the dynamic aspect of his power levels: he channels war from around the world.

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Till we see more, I'll just keep it as she came into her own

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
Yet why were those exotic powers not seen after she came into her own? Even if they aren't super useful in a high-powered melee fight, they would have been useful in that bank robbery.

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
You'll have to refresh my memory. I only watched WW once.

superlurker

• +22/-0
    • View Profile
Superman was doing things he wasn't before -- super-speed, freeze breath. He didn't do anything that looked more impressive than what he's done before apart from that. Carrying an apartment block without it just breaking apart under its own weight just looked cheesy.

With Wonder Woman, her big deal seemed to be the bracelet strike, which she was trying to do against Superman in JL. Other than that, some of the things she did in her solo movie seemed situation-specific; i.e. she could capture Ares' lightning and hurl it back, but she probably can't just do that with lightning in general. The same might be true with other stuff she did there; that she has the ability to counter specific characters like Greek gods especially well.

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
In the climax to Wonder Woman, she was flying and seemed to have a forcefield as well.  Those powers never popped up after that, apparently.