Herochat

what you think of NFL new policy

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
Re: what you think of NFL new policy
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 07:54:37 AM »
Trump has already used it and said those who stay in the locker room should leave the country.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 04:57:31 PM »
Not much.

It's another sign of creeping authoritarianism. Which President Dump prescribes to, and a significant portion of his drone followers philosophically adhere to.

The hypocrisy of people that support the notion of kicking people out of a country for in effect speaking their minds is unreal. Particularly when it comes from groups that tended to not only support the police state, but also neverending wars that have killed thousands of Americans and lord knows how many other innocents.
Sig : Sydney Maler

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 05:31:46 PM »
Once again, in the span of a week+, we are told by The Right both that we must never enact common sense popular gun control laws because we need to be able to defend ourselves from a hypothetically out-of-control government, AND that black people aren't even allowed to kneel during a song to remind us that they are being murdered, brutalized, harassed, and generally treated ridiculously unfairly by the government's law enforcement agencies.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/10/16/show-10-16-18-zach-asks/ (We try out a new challenge to see who can solve some comics scenarios! After that, our rookie fan asks his most recent comic questions)

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 06:16:28 PM »
Yeah, it's weird that they want guns to fight against the police state when that's been gradually happening for a while now and they're 100% in support of it (or at least they are now that a Republican is in charge).

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 01:24:21 AM »
Yeah but remember--Obama bad and lock up Hillary.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 05:38:03 AM »
Juz from an outsider's point of view...it's juz surreal how much the average American seems to have that "Us Vs Them" attitude.

That personal sense/definition of patriotism seems to breed nothing but contempt & paranoia.

XerxesTWD

• +98/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 11:19:39 AM »
Republicans have been ramping up identity politics for the past 50+ years. Us vs Them is the main way the two big parties get elected.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 02:04:57 PM »
yea the the right beef about indenity politics always been annoying because of that

Since in the same breath they talk about how the left needs to reach out to rural white
or the white working class been left behind. And maybe they have but THATS also indenity politics. Somehow it not called it

So is that war on Christmas shit
Men rights
and this NFL shit
Those statues..given the reason why and when they were put up (hint on the when wasnt right after the cival war)

I mean fuck it started with the whole southern stragedy

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 05:02:20 PM »
I've never really seen the point of all the ballyhoo here.

I stand when the anthem is played. My choice. They want to take a knee in protest, hey, they can do that. Its their right to do so.

Now could we move onto the whole keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people thing? Little more important.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 03:51:39 PM »
I've never really seen the point of all the ballyhoo here.

I stand when the anthem is played. My choice. They want to take a knee in protest, hey, they can do that. Its their right to do so.

Now could we move onto the whole keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people thing? Little more important.

Spoken like a true commie.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 05:42:09 PM »
I'll preface this by saying I don't care if players kneel during the national anthem, and don't think they should be forced to do so, or fined if they don't.

That being said... I think the NFL is in a real bind. I don't follow football, but from what I've heard (and it could be wrong), a large segment of their fan base is upset by this, and it's affecting ratings. And the NFL is a business. So their options are a) do nothing and hope it blows over instead of getting worse b) force the players to come out on the field and stand during the anthem, which is heavy handed and will piss off another segment of their fan base or c) compromise, which is what they are doing by allowing players to stay in the locker room during the anthem.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium