Herochat

what you think of NFL new policy

XerxesTWD

• +82/-23
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
Re: what you think of NFL new policy
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 12:24:11 AM »
It's stupid.

Dlbiininja

• +96/-11012
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 12:47:07 AM »
It's bullshit.  Hope all the players stay off the field during the Anthem.  The athletes already do alot community service & partake in numerous celebrations or causes.  This is something which does actually affect many of these players or potentially could cost them their lives.  They just realeased the video of the Sterling Brown of the Buck's begging tazed.  Seems like the cop just escaleted that one.

https://deadspin.com/milwaukee-police-release-video-of-bucks-sterling-brown-1826275081

I like what the jets owner is willing to do. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2777559-jets-owner-christopher-johnson-says-he-will-pay-players-anthem-related-fines?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 07:06:53 AM »
I don't see this rule sticking for very long.

Not BAMF

• +15/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 08:20:32 AM »
Mandatory, forced nationalism on men who are trying to raise awareness about a corrupt government system that is executing their own.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/06/19/show-6-19-18-munching-on-planets/ - Ghosts Of The Straosphere 6/19/18 (Rookie Comic Fans' Questions + Dark Phoenix Saga review)

Snake-eyes

• +13/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
While I agree it's not very smart, nobody is forcing them. it clearly stated that they could stay in the locker room during the anthem if they didn't want to stand.

XerxesTWD

• +82/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 10:50:01 AM »
Nobody should be forced to stand for the national anthem. EVER.

I have yet to see even ONE good argument for forcing people to stand for the national anthem after this happening for nearly 2 years.

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 11:59:15 AM »
If they can stay in the locker room during the anthem then staying in the locker room will just become the new kneeling and it'll all start over again.

Not BAMF

• +15/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »
If they can stay in the locker room during the anthem then staying in the locker room will just become the new kneeling and it'll all start over again.

This is true. I listened to enough sports radio to know "WHO STAYED IN THE LOCKER ROOM?!" will be a hot topic.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/06/19/show-6-19-18-munching-on-planets/ - Ghosts Of The Straosphere 6/19/18 (Rookie Comic Fans' Questions + Dark Phoenix Saga review)

Snake-eyes

• +13/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 12:28:54 PM »

Which is why I agree that it's not very smart, I don't see why people give a sh!t if other people stand or kneel. it's none of their business.

I'm just glad they're not actually forcing people to stand.

XerxesTWD

• +82/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
NFL didn't even start having players stand for the anthem until 2009. Why did they start? Because the military PAID THEM TO DO IT. They didn't do this for free.

That's at least 7 seasons without players standing for the anthem since 9/11! Did the NFL hate freedom and our troops after 9/11?

No, because telling people they MUST stand for the anthem is objectively stupid.

These are the most prominent stupid arguments I've seen:
"There's a time to protest and it's not during sports!"
"They're disrespecting our men and women in uniform who DIED FOR THIS COUNTRY!"
"All they're doing is protesting! They're not providing a plan or taking action!"
"It's just a bunch of oppressed millionaires whining! Why don't they get a REAL job and see if they get to protest!"
"Why don't they donate some of their money instead of just complaining?!"

Panthergod

• +44/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 01:12:21 PM »
NFL is now a self admitted white supremacist organization.

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 02:01:05 PM »
I hope this gets challenged in court. The last thing we need is businesses thinking they can start the day with the national anthem or pledge of allegiance and they can essentially force you to do it.

LiquidSailor

• +61/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »
I hope this gets challenged in court. The last thing we need is businesses thinking they can start the day with the national anthem or pledge of allegiance and they can essentially force you to do it.

Businesses are people too.  If  Chik-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby are any recent indications, the NFL would win the court case.

DIGUSTING

Propeus The Fallen

• +26/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 02:58:58 AM »

Yeah, Trump will use this.

1. He's a spiteful prick who is still mad the NFL knew he wasn't good enough to be an owner.

2. He's going to get in trouble with something. The NFL will just be one of the things that he goes after to divert.