Herochat

This has GOT to be the worst fantasy casting i’ve ever seen.

Riv1

• +63/-1053
    • View Profile
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776751-triple-h-as-beta-ray-bill-and-15-wwe-dream-castings-for-future-marvel-films#slide15

Dolf Zigger as Adam Warlock...Dean Ambrose as Namor... ???

Rusev as Kraven would be fun, though.

Two men walk into a bar. I broke scourge! HAHAHAHAHA

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
Re: This has GOT to be the worst fantasy casting i’ve ever seen.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »
Why do so many comic fans want to see wrestlers as comic characters in movies?  I never understood it.

Riv1

• +63/-1053
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »
^^^Yeah i mean, when i was like 15, maybe.
I assume that site hires adults though. Seems like picks a bunch of kids’d make.

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »
Why do so many comic fans want to see wrestlers as comic characters in movies?  I never understood it.

it can work at times. I mean look at Drax

but by and large if they are going to be there, they should be the dumb muscle

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »
Dave Bautista is a rarity in that he is actually a decent actor.  The Rock and Roddy Piper were good for cheesy action roles but otherwise, they need to he dumb muscle or nothing at all.

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »
The only one. I've ever been adament about was Brock Lesnar for a comic accurate looking Venom.

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 05:06:06 PM »
Dave Bautista is a rarity in that he is actually a decent actor.  The Rock and Roddy Piper were good for cheesy action roles but otherwise, they need to he dumb muscle or nothing at all.

Agreed on Bautista, he has really surprised me. He was fantastic in Blade Runner, especially since his scene was so small. I really wanted to see more of his character.

Rock can also be very good but it seems like he picks every role he's offered, and a lot of them aren't really roles of substance.

Piper... I loved him in They Live but he's not on the level of the other two, at least from what I've seen.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 05:12:25 PM »

Agreed on Bautista, he has really surprised me. He was fantastic in Blade Runner, especially since his scene was so small. I really wanted to see more of his character.

Rock can also be very good but it seems like he picks every role he's offered, and a lot of them aren't really roles of substance.

Piper... I loved him in They Live but he's not on the level of the other two, at least from what I've seen.

I put Piper and Rock on the same level since they both do action popcorn flicks.  Neither one is a master thespian.

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 05:25:49 PM »
I put Piper and Rock on the same level since they both do action popcorn flicks.  Neither one is a master thespian.

Rock has done drama in the past, and he's done it well, even if the overall movie wasn't great. I remember being as surprised by him when he first got big as I am by Bautista now. Obviously he can do comedy as well. I really think he's a good actor but he just can't say "No" to a role.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »
I thought he did a good dramatic turn in Snitch even if I had a hard time believing all these smaller dudes in the movie were able to intimidate him.

Riv1

• +63/-1053
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »

Agree.

That site and its picks, though. BLEH!

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 11:59:02 PM »
Rock's problem is that he plays himself in every role. He is surprisingly good though

Batista is awesme

I'm not surprised by wrestlers being excellent actors. The discipline to maintain a stellar physique, athleticism and act in Wrestling then applied to another profession which requires similar hard work, focus, and determination.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 01:50:40 AM »
The Rock plays himself 90% of the time, but when he doesn't, he's disarmingly good. See Pain & Gain. Y'all better start paying the future POTUS more respect.

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 01:49:00 PM »
all that said....I DO enjoy this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S5z4Uj-knw

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 08:30:20 PM »
Bautista is surprisingly good, though.  He has perfect comedic timing as Drax and when he was in Blade Runner, I was impressed.  He acted the shit out fo that scene and made me both fear him and feel sorry for him.