Herochat

Yay! The Thundercats are coming back.

Re: Yay! The Thundercats are coming back.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 03:41:35 AM »
Is there nothing that millenials won’t ruin?
Hey, don't blame my generation. I blame the idiot fans of Teen Titans Go (and to a much lesser degree those who were so happy taking what they could get that they ignored the sillier aspect of the Titans toon before it).

Riv1

• +63/-1053
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 07:41:50 AM »
I loved the silly aspects of the prior TT toon.

There was a (very serious) scene where Robin is dripping wet, trying to gain access to a room or some such.
The animators very casually had him give a quick head shake, and his hair popped up into its usual spiky look.
That had me fucking ROLLING for some odd reason.

Two men walk into a bar. I broke scourge! HAHAHAHAHA

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 08:24:10 PM »
I loved the silly aspects of the prior TT toon.

There was a (very serious) scene where Robin is dripping wet, trying to gain access to a room or some such.
The animators very casually had him give a quick head shake, and his hair popped up into its usual spiky look.
That had me fucking ROLLING for some odd reason.
Feel free. I'm just saying that was the precursor to the precursor to this lol.

Riv1

• +63/-1053
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:58 AM »
Agree to disagree.

Humor is fine, especially in a cartoon. Not everyone finds everything funny i get that.

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 04:39:41 AM »
Agree to disagree.

Humor is fine, especially in a cartoon. Not everyone finds everything funny i get that.
Agree to disagree about what? To reiterate, I'm not talking about whether or not humor is fine or what anyone finds funny. I'm saying that toon and the tone of its humorous moments inspired Teen Titans Go which obviously inspired this toon. The first part of that isn't debatable -- Teen Titans Go is considered a spinoff of Teen Titans -- though I suppose one could claim TTG didn't inspire this reboot but that would be disingenuous at best imo. The influence isn't even subtle and it clearly made CN believe there was a market for this.

Riv1

• +63/-1053
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2018, 05:57:49 AM »
^^^I misunderstood.

TTG obviously set out to do its own thing, a very humorous thing, and i think its done it very well. Some ppl dont care how well, though, they wanted a continuation of the prior toon.
I did.
I appreciate TTG for what its done though, and its quality. I know that puts me in the minority among older nerds.